Thread: Trojan-Clicker.HTML.IFrame.fh

riceorony Guest

Default Trojan-Clicker.HTML.IFrame.fh

Hello all (including the awesome OldSod)

I wanted to know what exactly is a Trojan-Clicker. I've read the details from Kaspersky's site but don't really understand what it is, or what this particular one does.

The file was detected in: C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles \k7d4bbhs.default\Cache\FB578760d01
    via On-Access scan as I was searching for Scuba diving sites online.

Of any concern if it was quarantined and I deleted it? I performed a subsequent scan and purged the IE and firefox temp files too just in case.

Default Re: Trojan-Clicker.HTML.IFrame.fh

Trojan-Clicker.HTML.IFrame.fh

hmm trojan clicker? click the file and get a trojan?

IFrame I do understand.
    Just google Iframe exploit or browser IFrame and there will be a good sized list in the results.
    Usually the malware of an iframe is in an ad, banner or even embedded in the media content linked from the iframe.
    Some are still not a simple driveby infection, but still require some social engineering (like install this activeX and then get infected).
    You can disable iframes in the about:config of the Firefox and in the Internet Options of the IE. IFrames can be site specific enabled/disabled in Opera or in the Opera:config.
    It was in the Firefox, so it relatively benign from infecting the windows, and the antivirus causght it immediately. I would say you were safe. Cleaning the cache was good (my browsers get cleaned automatically on every closure).
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

riceorony Guest

Oldsod,

Thanks for the prompt response. What does "On-Access" scanning mean exactly? (I know the question sounds literally very stupid :-() Does it mean that the threat was detected automatically, as in when the IFRAME was opened or downloaded from the scuba site? Or is "On-access" similar to Norton's active scan that is constantly scanning your files?

Basically, I'm trying to get at whether the infection was due to one of the scuba shop sites (as in an automatic detection), or from a previous cached site (as in a constant scan detection or an on-demand scan)

AFAIK onacess means the resident full time scanner picked it up (as opposed to the on demand scan or the scheduled scan).

Kinf of too late now, but next time, type in about:cache in a blank new tab of the address bar of the Firefox.
    The listing of the files and the URLS of the files will be available.

Haven't used the Firefox for some time, but I think this advice is still valid.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

riceorony Guest

Thank you Oldsod!

Thread Information