Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone please take a look ! win32.backdoor.irc.based = false positive ??

xando Guest

Default Someone please take a look ! win32.backdoor.irc.based = false positive ??

hi all,
    i just updated my Antispyware engine in my ZA Pro
    and scanned like i do it every day. yesterday was nothing but today i got this info
    win32.backdoor.irc.based
    RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\mIRC\DisplayName
    RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\mIRC\UninstallString
    RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\irc\URL Protocol
    Verzeichnis: C:\RECYCLER
    i havn't changes anything
    and my mirc 6.21
    is running for a long time, so i'am not sure if that is something or not. Is someone else with the problem around and could that be a false positive
    ?
    WinXp Prof
    Sp2

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

Message Edited by Xando on 06-13-2008 03:58 AM

Message Edited by Xando on 06-13-2008 03:59 AM

Message Edited by Xando on 06-13-2008 04:44 AM

kludikovsky Guest

Default Re: Someone please take a look ! win32.backdoor.irc.based = false positive ??

exatcly the same happened here.

Registry entries do not show anything unusal.

xando Guest

Default Re: Someone please take a look ! win32.backdoor.irc.based = false positive ??

hi kludikovsky,
    good to here that i'am not the only one like u said, the registry entries do not show anything unusal i hope that this is a false positve ! Maybe an Admin from support
    can confirm that and release an update !?

kludikovsky Guest

Hi xando,

give them some time. My experience is that they respond within a reasoable timeframe.

xando Guest

ok, i'll wait ... and keep an eye on it

Hi!

if you have not done so please report it to:
    http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...are_report.jsp

ZA staff does not monitor this board.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

xando Guest

hi fax ,
    i just wrote the msg, thx for the info.Btw if someone else has this problem ,
    please write them too !

riceorony Guest

It's most likely a FP if you're running mirc for the usual game play.

Most antispyware products will flag the mirc as an infection because of the nature of the program.

xando Guest

hi riceorony,
    its true, most antispyware produkts flag mirc as infection, but i already had mirc set as
    exception in ZA becuase
    of that. After the update 2 days ago it seams that the normal registry entries are also a false positve!

xando Guest

hmm it was friday as i reported my
    problem
    to http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...are_report.jsp and still no answer. is it normal that it takes so long for an answer ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information