Thread: not-a-virus:adware.win32.wsearch.ci & not-a-virus:adware.win32.wsearch.cf

rayok Guest

Default not-a-virus:adware.win32.wsearch.ci & not-a-virus:adware.win32.wsearch.cf

ZASS identified these as viruses on my computer. I've deleted once, but has recurred
    and then have quarantined. ZASS had no info on them that I could find. (did I miss something?)
    What is its origin? What does it do?How do I prevent it from recurring? How do I get rid of it?What is a good database source that identifies, explains fuctionalities and treatment for viruses?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: not-a-virus:adware.win32.wsearch.ci & not-a-virus:adware.win32.wsearch.cf

Hi!

you should look were those files are stored in your system to have a clue what is originating the problem.
    Probably some software you have installed recently.

See here the standard procedure on how to clean your system:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3973

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jeremysfca Guest

Default Re: not-a-virus:adware.win32.wsearch.ci & not-a-virus:adware.win32.wsearch.cf

I saw this today too. What is it? It looks like it might be a legit part of the Windows Search function in Vista.

Hi!identify the file giving the alert and then upload it to www.virustotal.com. To check if it is a likely false positive.If it is a false positive then report to Kaspersky at newvirus at kaspersky dot com. Subject: false positive, attach the file in a password protected zip.Include password in the e-mail.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information