Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Trojan.Win32.Monderc.gen" ZoneAlarm Can not Remove, Quarentine, or Delete

twaz Guest

Default "Trojan.Win32.Monderc.gen" ZoneAlarm Can not Remove, Quarentine, or Delete

Anyone seen this "Trojan.Win32.Monderc.gen" It pops up in ZoneAlarm and it can not be fixed? I can not find any info on the web that is in English either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

It references the following file: "\WINDOWS\system32\ljjJcBUn.dll"

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

universam Guest

Default Re: "Trojan.Win32.Monderc.gen" ZoneAlarm Can not Remove, Quarentine, or Delete

<blockquote><hr>Twaz wrote:
    Anyone seen this &quot;Trojan.Win32.Monderc.gen&quot; It pops up in ZoneAlarm and it can not be fixed? I can not find any info on the web that is in English either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

It references the following file: &quot;\WINDOWS\system32\ljjJcBUn.dll&quot;

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Software Version: 7.0
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>
    Hello,
    same problem with me. In my case the file is: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJdEULC.dll

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

tsec Guest

Default Re: "Trojan.Win32.Monderc.gen" ZoneAlarm Can not Remove, Quarentine, or Delete

As above, but with another randomly named .dll

This looks nasty - any advice would be most appreciated

Many thanks

tsec Guest

I think I have found a work around for this. It involves using a tool that removes a previous version of this thing. The only problem it is from a competitor.

I wont post details here until the forum admins give me the OK to do so.

It appears to have worked though. ZA is no longer detecting this virus - am running a full scan now just to be sure.

Will post back once the scan is done.

All the best

tsec Guest

Virus scan has just completed.

After the previously mentioned tool did its stuff, ZA was able to successfully quarantine Monderc.gen

hongkongrick Guest

Same issue here.
    I can only assume that someone at Zone is working on this.
    In the meantime, any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Rick (Silent P)

tsec Guest

Well, since I have ran the last scan, variations (differnt extensions such as .ahv) of this thing have popped up again. This time though, ZA wa able to quarantine them immediately. I can only surmise that one of a number of recently installed apps is to blame.

But, as I said earlier, if I get the OK from this forum's admins I will post details of the tool that intially removed this thing.

hongkongrick Guest

I will try to run the scan and see what happens?
    I can only assume I picked it up from a torrent?
    Rick (Silent P)

tsec Guest

This is getting weird now.

The previously mentioned tool is not detecting this thing. ZA has been quiet for the last few hours.

But, I just re-booted the lappy and decide to have a look at what was set to start up in MSCONFIG. And
    what did I find? Two newly created, randomly named DLL's sitting with RUNDLL32.EXE. The virus seems dormant, but is still able to create its dll's, or so it seems.

I think I need a Guru here

Hi!

please try to run the standard procedure detailed here:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=4057

If you have still problem after running all steps then contact ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information