Thread: What is the point of scanning for spyware and not blocking it for next visit?

chuckiechan Guest

Default What is the point of scanning for spyware and not blocking it for next visit?

It's like why bother scanning.

I would expect that if you act as a firewall, you should be able to block spyware from revisiting after a scan.

Am I missing something?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: What is the point of scanning for spyware and not blocking it for next visit?

What does the scanner keep finding?
    Things like 207*.net or doubleclick or direct revenue or valueclick or overture or tripod or clickspring or lycos or geocities?

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

chuckiechan Guest

Default Re: What is the point of scanning for spyware and not blocking it for next visit?

I use both Adaware Free and ZA Pro.

I have most of those. They seem (according to Adaware) to be tracking cookies.

And 207 is in there, tribal fusion, adrevolver, etc.

ZA has a place in Anti Virus/spyware - Quaranteen - It is empty. When I scan it "deletes". I want "prevent from returning"

I can do both scans, surf awhile and most of the **bleep** is back. Shouldn't ZA keep it from returning?

You are not using the ZA properly.
    It will not block the third party and tracking cookies by default - you have to block these in the Privacy of the ZA.
    Or block the third party cookies in the browser itself.

See http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/s...=&index=public

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information