Thread: Help, Virus - [Trojan.Win32.Monderb.agl

apelsinlax Guest

Default Help, Virus - [Trojan.Win32.Monderb.agl

Hello!

I got this virus, Trojan.Win32.Monderb.agl. ZoneAlarm says it cannot treat it (rename, delete etc.). I am really helpless at what to do now.
    I am running "WinXP Home Edition 2002 Servicepack 3" and "ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.0.483.000".

Hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance!

/Carl

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

riceorony Guest

Default Re: Help, Virus - [Trojan.Win32.Monderb.agl

Please follow these things first:

Follow these directions:
    1.) Perform a free online scan by visiting www.b i tdefender.com (connect all the letters). Make sure to use internet explorer in administrative mode before going to the site (right click on IE and select Run As Administrator) and follow the prompts as it continues. This will both scan and remove any detected infections (a very good free antivirus/antispyware scan)
    2.) Download the FREE HOME version of Superantispyware by visiting (http://superantispyware.com/superant...freevspro.html), update, and perform a complete scan of your drive
    3.) Download the FREE version of A-squared FREE 3.5 by visiting (http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/download/), update and perform a deep scan of your drive.
    4.) Update ZA-ISS, physically disconnect your computer from the internet, and reboot into SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING. Load up ZA-ISS and perform a complete scan.
    5.) Perform a free online scan/removal by going to www.trendmicro.com and clicking on Free Online Services (select Housecall 6.5 or 6.6 and allow it to scan and remove what you want at the end)

If those do not do the trick, you could download HiJack This! from Trendmicro.com onto your infected computer (CHOOSE THE SCAN AND SAVE A LOG FILE FEATURE). Resave the log (on a jump-drive or whatever) and post the log at www.castlecops.com, www.bleepingcomputer.com, www.geekstogo.com, here for analysis if you want.

Good luck

Thread Information