Thread: 6to4 a threat?

greek_teacher Guest

Default 6to4 a threat?

I have downloaded & scanned with 2 different Pareto products, and they claim them to be an enormous malware threat, yet when I do a search on ZoneAlarm's blogs 6to4 does not even get a find. When I have ParetoLogic's Anti-Virus Plus scan I find that I have 10 separate registry links in System\CurrentControlset. Are the 6to4 links of no threat,or not?

Thanks,
    John

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: 6to4 a threat?

Hi!if I remember well Parentologic is a rouge antivirus or a non trustful scanner...Never trust antivirus brands unless publicly known.Check you system with MBAM:http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.phpCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

greek_teacher Guest

Re ParetoLogic
    ; their RegCure seems to be THE most recommended registry scanner, so they would not seem to be rogue. I am a l-o-n-g time user of ZoneAlarm, so I am not easily going to another av program, but I do have some questions about what 6to4 is, which their av-plus program says is quite a spy system?

btw, I did go to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, downloaded it. One thing I did not appreciate was that upon finishing its scan and asking for repair, after repair it did a re-boot without asking, killing all apps immediately, thus loosing a Quickbooks transaction in process. However, its FileAssassin got rid of an old Windows folder which had an ancient Flash.ocx which had been uninstallible by any means.

John

Hi!commercial registry scanners are often making more damage than good. By experience less you touch the registry better it is and if you install/remove tools often the best is an image/clone software.For the 6 to 4 question, if you trust that scanner than you should ask them directly.I am not aware of 6to4 to be an issue.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6to4Cheers,Fax

greek_teacher Guest

Fax:
    Ask the app developer? Why did I not think of that?
    Thanks, Fax!

You're welcome!Post back if you get an answer.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information