Thread: browsers hijacked need advice

buokanguro Guest

Default browsers hijacked need advice

I have some sort of malware that has hijacked my browsers (IE and Firefox) when ever I conduct a google search I see the subject I've typed in, however, the links are to the wrong sites not searched for, up to now the fake searches tend to be random sites like travel, shopping etc. When I leave the site it won't let me leave unless I resubmit information so I have to close the browser. It doesn't seem to affect my safari browser.
    Have updated browsers, and zone alarm, have conducted thorough scans. Zonelabs doesn't pick anything up! Can anyone suggest anything that may help.

Running XP SP3
    ZoneAlarm
    Firefox 3.0.5
    Safari
    IE 7.0.5730.11

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: browsers hijacked need advice

Hi!please proceed to clean your system with the standard procedure:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rbg Guest

Default Re: browsers hijacked need advice

Look at the lower left of the browser when searching. If you see areference to "7.7.7.0" then it's an easy fix.

Go to Windows/System32 and find two files named wdmaud. Right click to Properties to determine which is a system file (the other is a driver). Delete or rename the system file and reload the browser. That should do it.

Thread Information