Thread: ZA firewall hijacked?

milestone Guest

Default ZA firewall hijacked?

I just visited a site called www, wiiinjuries, net . It is a fake site and a window came up asking me to download antivirus 2009. I got a virus this way before and it almost killed my computer so I immediately switched the computer off. Despite this when I switched back on, there was a new program in ZA firewall and every time I tried to run anti-malware programme a new setup / uninstall windows appears in ZA firewall programs and it is blocked. As ZA was blocking all Malware programs I switched it off and ran Malwarebytes which detected nothing. So I uninstalled and reinstalled ZA firewall. When I tried to install, it would not let me select 'automatically receive updates' Now the ZA firewall does not let me connect to the internet for updates.

How is it that a malware so easily gets around ZA firewall. It appears it actually uses ZA firewall as part of the hijacking process. Now I am afraid that the ZA firewall I have installed is compromised. Does anyone know anything about this and how I fix it?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZA firewall hijacked?

Hi!check carefully your system for malware not only with MBAM, see here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787To be sure your ZA is not corrupted, completely remove ZA.You can use this utility:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exeRedownload the latest installer, from here:www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/Install ZASS.Cheers,FaxP.S. Cold reboot of the system as you did can corrupt the ZA settings... this is probably you see ZA mulfunctioning.

Message Edited by fax on 01-06-2009 07:58 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information