Thread: ZA firewall hijacked?

milestone Guest

Default ZA firewall hijacked?

I just visited a site called www, wiiinjuries, net . It is a fake site and a window came up asking me to download antivirus 2009. I got a virus this way before and it almost killed my computer so I immediately switched the computer off. Despite this when I switched back on, there was a new program in ZA firewall and every time I tried to run anti-malware programme a new setup / uninstall windows appears in ZA firewall programs and it is blocked. As ZA was blocking all Malware programs I switched it off and ran Malwarebytes which detected nothing. So I uninstalled and reinstalled ZA firewall. When I tried to install, it would not let me select 'automatically receive updates' Now the ZA firewall does not let me connect to the internet for updates.

How is it that a malware so easily gets around ZA firewall. It appears it actually uses ZA firewall as part of the hijacking process. Now I am afraid that the ZA firewall I have installed is compromised. Does anyone know anything about this and how I fix it?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZA firewall hijacked?

Hi!check carefully your system for malware not only with MBAM, see here: be sure your ZA is not corrupted, completely remove ZA.You can use this utility: the latest installer, from ZASS.Cheers,FaxP.S. Cold reboot of the system as you did can corrupt the ZA settings... this is probably you see ZA mulfunctioning.

Message Edited by fax on 01-06-2009 07:58 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 24x6 Pacific time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information