Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuns of infected files trojans, adware, spyware, etc. No way to repair or remove them. HELP PLEASE

mommydanise Guest

Default Tuns of infected files trojans, adware, spyware, etc. No way to repair or remove them. HELP PLEASE

I have an over whelming amount of infected files on my laptop. The anti-virus I was using prior to purchasing ZA wasn't what I was told it was. Then again I should have known better since it was free and no body else I knew ever heard of it.

Anyway... I don't know what to do as far as getting them removed. Some are registry files that have been either added and don't belong, corrupted, infected, ect. Others are in folders that even with the hidden items displayed aren't where the program says they are. (I thought maybe because they were quarantined they might have been moved.)

I have ZA Suite 2009, PC-Tune up, Superanti-spyware, and ZA forcefield. None of these have been able to aid me in getting all of these problems solved.

My computer is running really slow. When I'm searching for ways to fix the problems or get rid of the virus's, random windows pop up for advertisements but not like a pop up... it's like I opened another browser window.

I have tried to activate my windows auto update and even going in manually and doing it something keeps preventing it from turning on so I can't get any of the updates I need for my windows system.

My computer and I are just a mess and in dire need of a caring soul to guide us lol.

I read something about hijackthis but don't know much about it or if it will help any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Tuns of infected files trojans, adware, spyware, etc. No way to repair or remove them. HELP PLEASE

By the sounds of things.... if the corrupted registry and added malware files have altered windows to the point where it no longer resembles windows - i.e. things do not work like the taskmanager and or the explorer, updates for windows or security programs, windows files like the host file (possible reason why some sites/updates do not work), uncontrollable popups or browser opening, slow computer (the malware files are using your computer's resources making the usual files slow), microsoft mangament console does not work properly or the services can not be opened, computer is slow to start/shutdown, certains things like cd/dvd drive do not work, and so forth........if it is that bad..... then format the drive and re-install windows..... and start over again but with a clean windows.

Save your installers and licenses on a flash drive for the re-install of windows.
    Save a few photos and certain files (I hope you backup on a regular basis to preserve files).

Then reformat the drive, install windows, install the drivers (if not included in your recovery disk) and then reinstall the programs and applications as before.

Why the reformat instead of trying to clean the windows and keep the same installation?
    Because if the windows is damaged or corrupted by the malware it is very hard to fix everything as it was originally. Things will never be the same as they should be.
    You may end up formatting anyways to get windows to work properly the way it should be - so reformatting and starting over is often the quickest and easiest way to "clean" the computer.

Alternatively instead of wiping the windows, you could try a cd antivirus scanner to detect and remove malware while windows is still not used and this could maybe clean enough to get things going and be able to clean the rest of the malware while still in windows. But there is no guarantees.
    Also slaving your main hdd in another computer (either as a second drive or a usb external connection) you could do complete scans and remove the malicious files.
    But still a damaged windows is a damaged windows - and it will take hours or even days to fix everything (and maybe some repairs will be still omitted).

Just my opinion anyways.
    Usually if you take this computer to a shop they will give an estimate of the malware removal and often at the same time a lesser amount cost for the reformat and reinstall of windows. It is often cheaper to reformat and reinstall windows than do intensive repairs.
    A hard and cruel fact of the window's story with bad infections, but the truth.
    It sounds like it would take me several hours (maybe 4-5 or more) to clean the mess and repair some of the damage to windows...and in an hour or so of real service time I could reformat the drive and reinstall windows and the drivers and present you with a clean computer.
    Most will go for the reformat and reinstall, and it is not only cheaper, but you will be assured your computer is perfectly clean of any malware with a new install of windows.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

If you need help with this - either to reformat and reinstall windows or clean up and keep the windows clean in the future (prevent this from happening agina), please, do not hesitate to post and ask for further help.

If you wish to post a HJT log, then please do so and I will examine it for further instructions.
    And I will give further advicements.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/HijackThis_d3155.html

just download this, place anywhere on the hdd , and open and make a log.
    Do not do anything else or make any changes with the hjt!

Then post this log.

Then create a startup list in the HJT and post this too (in the "config" button of the first scan readout.. to the "misc tools" and check both the list all minor sections and the list empty sections).

Oldsod.

Message Edited by Oldsod on 01-09-2009 03:39 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

mommydanise Guest

I'm on my way to download the HJT right now. I will post the log asap.

Thank you so much for being so kind and so willing to help. I greatly appreciate any and all advice, help, instructions you can provide for me. If there's anything I can do in return please feel free to let me know.

I'll be back and post the log shortly.

Thank you again

mommydanise Guest

Default HJT Log

Here's the first logfile you asked for... I'm going to do the startup log file now.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 1:24:35 PM, on 1/9/2009
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\IswSvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\ForceField.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\ISWMGR.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
    C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    C:\Program Files\Lexmark 2300 Series\ezprint.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcgcoms.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: ForceField Toolbar Registrar - {8A4A36C2-0535-4D2C-BD3D-496CB7EED6E3} - C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\TrustChecker\bin\Tru stCheckerIEPlugin.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: ForceField Toolbar - {EE2AC4E5-B0B0-4EC6-88A9-BCA1A32AB107} - C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\TrustChecker\bin\Tru stCheckerIEPlugin.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LXCGCATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCGtim e.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxcgmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 2300 Series\lxcgmon.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EzPrint] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 2300 Series\ezprint.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISW] "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\ForceField.exe" /start_mode="auto"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MRC] "C:\Program Files\PC Tune-Up\PCTuneUp.exe" /MBRSTART
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Quick Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ONENOTEM.EXE
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\ieToolbar\resources\en-US\local\search.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbar...p=ZRxdm690MFUS
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {56762DEC-6B0D-4AB4-A8AD-989993B5D08B} (OnlineScanner Control) - http://www.eset.eu/buxus/docs/OnlineScanner.cab
    O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/micr...?1214185111029
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{47D8004A-C773-4EF4-8692-5F28BB20F7B5}: NameServer = 4.2.2.2,4.2.2.1
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{7D0288EC-BA08-4BE6-8BA2-5499FDC10BB8}: NameServer = 4.2.2.2,4.2.2.1
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: gctyiz.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: dimsntfy - %SystemRoot%\System32\dimsntfy.dll (file missing)
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: fccyyWPi - fccyyWPi.dll (file missing)
    O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: ForceField IswSvc (IswSvc) - Check Point Software Technologies - C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\IswSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: lxcg_device - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcgcoms.exe
    O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Check Point Software Technologies LTD - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

mommydanise Guest

Default HJT startuplist first half (20000 character limit)

StartupList report, 1/9/2009, 1:28:35 PM
    StartupList version: 1.52.2
    Started from : C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.EXE
    Detected: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    Detected: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
    * Using default options
    * Including empty and uninteresting sections
    * Showing rarely important sections
    ==================================================

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\IswSvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\ForceField.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
    C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    C:\Program Files\Lexmark 2300 Series\ezprint.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcgcoms.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

--------------------------------------------------

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Startup:
    [C:\Documents and Settings\Renee Smith\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
    Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Quick Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ONENOTEM.EXE

Shell folders AltStartup:
    *Folder not found*

User shell folders Startup:
    *Folder not found*

User shell folders AltStartup:
    *Folder not found*

Shell folders Common Startup:
    [C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
    *No files*

Shell folders Common AltStartup:
    *Folder not found*

User shell folders Common Startup:
    *Folder not found*

User shell folders Alternate Common Startup:
    *Folder not found*

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
    UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Win logon]
    *Registry key not found*

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
    *Registry value not found*

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Win logon]
    *Registry key not found*

Autorun entries from Registry:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Adobe Reader Speed Launcher = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    RTHDCPL = RTHDCPL.EXE
    Alcmtr = ALCMTR.EXE
    ATIPTA = "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Once

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run OnceEx

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Services

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ServicesOnce

*No values found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

ctfmon.exe = C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    TOSCDSPD = C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
    MSMSGS = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    MRC = "C:\Program Files\PC Tune-Up\PCTuneUp.exe" /MBRSTART
    SUPERAntiSpyware = C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Once

*No values found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run OnceEx

*No values found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Services

*No values found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ServicesOnce

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

*Registry key not found*

Autorun entries in Registry subkeys of:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

[OptionalComponents]
    =

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Once
    *No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run OnceEx
    *No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Services
    *No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ServicesOnce
    *No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    *No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Once
    *No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run OnceEx
    *No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Services
    *No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ServicesOnce
    *No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run
    *Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run
    *Registry key not found*

File association entry for .EXE:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .COM:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .BAT:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .PIF:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .SCR:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" /S

File association entry for .HTA:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile\shell\open\command

(Default) = C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshta.exe "%1" %*

File association entry for .TXT:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1

Enumerating Active Setup stub paths:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
    (* = disabled by HKCU twin)

[>{22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95}]
    StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\inf\unregmp2.exe /ShowWMP

[>{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}] *
    StubPath = %systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigIE

[>{60B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}MICROS] *
    StubPath = RunDLL32 IEDKCS32.DLL,BrandIE4 SIGNUP

[>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}] *
    StubPath = %systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigOE

[{2C7339CF-2B09-4501-B3F3-F3508C9228ED}] *
    StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:/UserInstall %SystemRoot%\system32\themeui.dll

[{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}] *
    StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:OE /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{44BBA842-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015B}] *
    StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msnetmtg.inf,NetMtg.Install.PerUser .NT

[{4b218e3e-bc98-4770-93d3-2731b9329278}] *
    StubPath = %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection MarketplaceLinkInstall 896 %systemroot%\inf\ie.inf

[{5945c046-1e7d-11d1-bc44-00c04fd912be}] *
    StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.QuietInstall.PerUser

[{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}] *
    StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\wmp11.inf,PerUserStub

[{7790769C-0471-11d2-AF11-00C04FA35D02}] *
    StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:WAB /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4340}] *
    StubPath = regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:U shell32.dll

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}] *
    StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\ie4uinit.exe

[{89B4C1CD-B018-4511-B0A1-5476DBF70820}] *
    StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscories.dll,Install

mommydanise Guest

Default Re: HJT startuplist second half (20000 character limit)

Enumerating ICQ Agent Autostart apps:
    HKCU\Software\Mirabilis\ICQ\Agent\Apps

*Registry key not found*

Load/Run keys from C:\WINDOWS\WIN.INI:

load=*INI section not found*
    run=*INI section not found*

Load/Run keys from Registry:

HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
    HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
    HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
    HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
    HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
    HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
    HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
    HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
    HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=
    HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
    HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=*Registry value not found*
    HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
    HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: AppInit_DLLs=gctyiz.dll

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
    SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
    drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=Explorer.exe
    SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssstars.scr
    drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
    HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Checking for EXPLORER.EXE instances:

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe: PRESENT!

C:\Explorer.exe: not present
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer\Explorer.exe: not present
    C:\WINDOWS\System\Explorer.exe: not present
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\Explorer.exe: not present
    C:\WINDOWS\Command\Explorer.exe: not present
    C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Explorer.exe: not present

Checking for superhidden extensions:

.lnk: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
    .pif: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
    .exe: not hidden
    .com: not hidden
    .bat: not hidden
    .hta: not hidden
    .scr: not hidden
    .shs: HIDDEN!
    .shb: HIDDEN!
    .vbs: not hidden
    .vbe: not hidden
    .wsh: not hidden
    .scf: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: NO!)
    .url: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
    .js: not hidden
    .jse: not hidden

Verifying REGEDIT.EXE integrity:

- Regedit.exe found in C:\WINDOWS
    - .reg open command is normal (regedit.exe %1)
    - Company name OK: 'Microsoft Corporation'
    - Original filename OK: 'REGEDIT.EXE'
    - File description: 'Registry Editor'

Registry check passed

Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:

(no name) - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}
    ForceField Toolbar Registrar - C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\TrustChecker\bin\Tru stCheckerIEPlugin.dll - {8A4A36C2-0535-4D2C-BD3D-496CB7EED6E3}

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

EasyShare Registration Task.job
    RegCure Program Check.job
    RegCure.job
    XoftSpySE 2.job
    XoftSpySE.job

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[OnlineScanner Control]
    InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\ONLINE~1.OCX
    CODEBASE = http://www.eset.eu/buxus/docs/OnlineScanner.cab

[MUWebControl Class]
    InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll
    CODEBASE = http://www.update.microsoft.com/micr...?1214185111029

[Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07]
    InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    CODEBASE = http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jin...ndows-i586.cab

[Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07]
    InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll

[Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07]
    InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\npjpi160_07.dll

[Shockwave Flash Object]
    InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9f.ocx
    CODEBASE = http://download.macromedia.com/pub/s...sh/swflash.cab

Enumerating Winsock LSP files:

NameSpace #1: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
    NameSpace #2: C:\WINDOWS\System32\winrnr.dll
    NameSpace #3: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
    Protocol #1: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    Protocol #2: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    Protocol #3: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    Protocol #4: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll
    Protocol #5: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll
    Protocol #6: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    Protocol #7: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    Protocol #8: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    Protocol #9: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    Protocol #10: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    Protocol #11: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    Protocol #12: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    Protocol #13: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll

mommydanise Guest

Default HJT startuplist 3rd/last half (20000 character limit)

Enumerating Windows NT/2000/XP services

Microsoft ACPI Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ACPI.sys (system)
    Microsoft Embedded Controller Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ACPIEC.sys (system)
    Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller: system32\drivers\aec.sys (manual start)
    AFD: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\afd.sys (system)
    Alerter: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
    Application Layer Gateway Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\alg.exe (manual start)
    Application Management: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    Atheros Wireless Network Adapter Service: system32\DRIVERS\ar5211.sys (manual start)
    ASP.NET State Service: %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\as pnet_state.exe (manual start)
    RAS Asynchronous Media Driver: system32\DRIVERS\asyncmac.sys (manual start)
    Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller: system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys (system)
    Ati HotKey Poller: %SystemRoot%\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (autostart)
    ati2mtag: system32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys (manual start)
    ATM ARP Client Protocol: system32\DRIVERS\atmarpc.sys (manual start)
    Windows Audio: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Audio Stub Driver: system32\DRIVERS\audstub.sys (manual start)
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    MAC Bridge: system32\DRIVERS\bridge.sys (manual start)
    MAC Bridge Miniport: system32\DRIVERS\bridge.sys (manual start)
    Computer Browser: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    CD-ROM Driver: system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys (system)
    Indexing Service: %SystemRoot%\system32\cisvc.exe (manual start)
    ClipBook: %SystemRoot%\system32\clipsrv.exe (disabled)
    .NET Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\msco rsvw.exe (manual start)
    Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver: system32\DRIVERS\CmBatt.sys (manual start)
    Microsoft Composite Battery Driver: system32\DRIVERS\compbatt.sys (system)
    COM+ System Application: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235} (manual start)
    Cryptographic Services: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    CommView Network Monitor: system32\DRIVERS\cv2k1.sys (manual start)
    DCOM Server Process Launcher: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch (autostart)
    DHCP Client: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Disk Driver: system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys (system)
    Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\dmadmin.exe /com (manual start)
    dmboot: System32\drivers\dmboot.sys (disabled)
    dmio: System32\drivers\dmio.sys (disabled)
    dmload: System32\drivers\dmload.sys (disabled)
    Logical Disk Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    Microsoft Kernel DLS Syntheiszer: system32\drivers\DMusic.sys (manual start)
    DNS Client: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService (autostart)
    Wired AutoConfig: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k dot3svc (manual start)
    Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler: system32\drivers\drmkaud.sys (manual start)
    Extensible Authentication Protocol Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k eapsvcs (manual start)
    Error Reporting Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Event Log: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
    COM+ Event System: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    Fast User Switching Compatibility: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    FltMgr: system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys (system)
    Volume Manager Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ftdisk.sys (system)
    Generic Packet Classifier: system32\DRIVERS\msgpc.sys (manual start)
    Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio: system32\DRIVERS\HDAudBus.sys (manual start)
    Help and Support: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Human Interface Device Access: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
    Microsoft HID Class Driver: system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys (manual start)
    Health Key and Certificate Management Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    HTTP: System32\Drivers\HTTP.sys (manual start)
    HTTP SSL: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter (manual start)
    i8042 Keyboard and PS/2 Mouse Port Driver: system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys (system)
    icsak: \??\C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\AK\icsak.sys (manual start)
    CD-Burning Filter Driver: system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys (system)
    IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service: C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe (manual start)
    Service for Realtek HD Audio (WDM): system32\drivers\RtkHDAud.sys (manual start)
    Intel Processor Driver: system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys (system)
    IPv6 Windows Firewall Driver: system32\drivers\ip6fw.sys (manual start)
    IP Traffic Filter Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ipfltdrv.sys (manual start)
    IP in IP Tunnel Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys (manual start)
    IP Network Address Translator: system32\DRIVERS\ipnat.sys (manual start)
    IPSEC driver: system32\DRIVERS\ipsec.sys (system)
    IR Enumerator Service: system32\DRIVERS\irenum.sys (manual start)
    PnP ISA/EISA Bus Driver: system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys (system)
    ForceField ISWKL: \??\C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\ISWKL.sys (autostart)
    ForceField IswSvc: "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\IswSvc.exe" (autostart)
    Keyboard Class Driver: system32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys (system)
    KLIF: System32\DRIVERS\klif.sys (system)
    Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer: system32\drivers\kmixer.sys (manual start)
    Server: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Workstation: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
    lxcg_device: C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcgcoms.exe -service (manual start)
    Messenger: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
    NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mnmsrvc.exe (manual start)
    Mouse Class Driver: system32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys (system)
    Mouse HID Driver: system32\DRIVERS\mouhid.sys (manual start)
    MREMPR5 NDIS Protocol Driver: \??\C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Motive\MREMPR5.SYS (manual start)
    MRENDIS5 NDIS Protocol Driver: \??\C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Motive\MRENDIS5.SYS (manual start)
    WebDav Client Redirector: system32\DRIVERS\mrxdav.sys (manual start)
    MRXSMB: system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys (system)
    Distributed Transaction Coordinator: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe (manual start)
    Windows Installer: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /V (manual start)
    Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy: system32\drivers\MSKSSRV.sys (manual start)
    Microsoft Streaming Clock Proxy: system32\drivers\MSPCLOCK.sys (manual start)
    Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy: system32\drivers\MSPQM.sys (manual start)
    Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver: system32\DRIVERS\mssmbios.sys (manual start)
    Network Access Protection Agent: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    Remote Access NDIS TAPI Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ndistapi.sys (manual start)
    NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol: system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys (manual start)
    Remote Access NDIS WAN Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys (manual start)
    NetBIOS Interface: system32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys (system)
    NetBios over Tcpip: system32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys (system)
    Network DDE: %SystemRoot%\system32\netdde.exe (disabled)
    Network DDE DSDM: %SystemRoot%\system32\netdde.exe (disabled)
    Net Logon: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (manual start)
    Network Connections: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    Network Location Awareness (NLA): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    Network Monitor Driver: system32\DRIVERS\NMnt.sys (manual start)
    NT LM Security Support Provider: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (manual start)
    Removable Storage: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    IPX Traffic Filter Driver: system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys (manual start)
    IPX Traffic Forwarder Driver: system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys (manual start)
    Office Source Engine: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE" (manual start)
    PCI Bus Driver: system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys (system)
    PCIIde: system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys (system)
    Pcmcia: system32\DRIVERS\pcmcia.sys (system)
    Plug and Play: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
    IPSEC Services: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
    WAN Miniport (PPTP): system32\DRIVERS\raspptp.sys (manual start)
    Protected Storage: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
    QoS Packet Scheduler: system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys (manual start)
    Direct Parallel Link Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ptilink.sys (manual start)
    PxHelp20: System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys (system)
    Remote Access Auto Connection Driver: system32\DRIVERS\rasacd.sys (system)
    Remote Access Auto Connection Manager: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    WAN Miniport (L2TP): system32\DRIVERS\rasl2tp.sys (manual start)
    Remote Access Connection Manager: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    Remote Access PPPOE Driver: system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys (manual start)
    Direct Parallel: system32\DRIVERS\raspti.sys (manual start)
    Rdbss: system32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys (system)
    RDPCDD: System32\DRIVERS\RDPCDD.sys (system)
    Remote Desktop Help Session Manager: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe (manual start)
    Digital CD Audio Playback Filter Driver: system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys (system)
    Routing and Remote Access: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator: %SystemRoot%\system32\locator.exe (manual start)
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost -k rpcss (autostart)
    QoS RSVP: %SystemRoot%\system32\rsvp.exe (manual start)
    Realtek RTL8139(A/B/C)-based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter NT Driver: system32\DRIVERS\RTL8139.SYS (manual start)
    Security Accounts Manager: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
    SASDIFSV: \??\C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV.SYS (system)
    SASENUM: \??\C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASENUM.SYS (manual start)
    SASKUTIL: \??\C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL.sys (system)
    Smart Card: %SystemRoot%\System32\SCardSvr.exe (manual start)
    Task Scheduler: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Secdrv: system32\DRIVERS\secdrv.sys (manual start)
    Secondary Logon: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    System Event Notification: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Shell Hardware Detection: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter: system32\drivers\splitter.sys (manual start)
    Print Spooler: %SystemRoot%\system32\spoolsv.exe (autostart)
    System Restore Filter Driver: system32\DRIVERS\sr.sys (system)
    srescan: system32\ZoneLabs\srescan.sys (system)
    System Restore Service: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Srv: system32\DRIVERS\srv.sys (manual start)
    SSDP Discovery Service: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (manual start)
    Windows Image Acquisition (WIA): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc (autostart)
    Software Bus Driver: system32\DRIVERS\swenum.sys (manual start)
    Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer: system32\drivers\swmidi.sys (manual start)
    MS Software Shadow Copy Provider: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{FE4A03F4-A0C8-4307-8804-438CCCD48C90} (manual start)
    Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device: system32\drivers\sysaudio.sys (manual start)
    Performance Logs and Alerts: %SystemRoot%\system32\smlogsvc.exe (manual start)
    Telephony: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    TCP/IP Protocol Driver: system32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys (system)
    Terminal Device Driver: system32\DRIVERS\termdd.sys (system)
    Terminal Services: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost -k DComLaunch (manual start)
    Themes: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Distributed Link Tracking Client: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Microcode Update Driver: system32\DRIVERS\update.sys (manual start)
    Universal Plug and Play Device Host: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (manual start)
    Uninterruptible Power Supply: %SystemRoot%\System32\ups.exe (manual start)
    Microsoft USB Generic Parent Driver: system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys (manual start)
    Microsoft USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller Miniport Driver: system32\DRIVERS\usbehci.sys (manual start)
    USB2 Enabled Hub: system32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys (manual start)
    Microsoft USB Open Host Controller Miniport Driver: system32\DRIVERS\usbohci.sys (manual start)
    Microsoft USB PRINTER Class: system32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys (manual start)
    Usbscan: system32\DRIVERS\usbscan.sys (manual start)
    USB Mass Storage Driver: system32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS (manual start)
    VGA Display Controller.: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys (system)
    vsdatant: System32\vsdatant.sys (system)
    TrueVector Internet Monitor: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe -service (autostart)
    Volume Shadow Copy: %SystemRoot%\System32\vssvc.exe (manual start)
    Windows Time: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Remote Access IP ARP Driver: system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys (manual start)
    Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver: system32\drivers\wdmaud.sys (manual start)
    WebClient: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
    Windows Management Instrumentation: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Portable Media Serial Number Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
    WMI Performance Adapter: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe (manual start)
    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service: "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNetwk.exe" (manual start)
    Security Center: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Automatic Updates: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
    Wireless Zero Configuration: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
    Network Provisioning Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)

Enumerating Windows NT logon/logoff scripts:
    *No scripts set to run*

Windows NT checkdisk command:
    BootExecute = autocheck autochk *

Windows NT 'Wininit.ini':
    PendingFileRenameOperations: *Registry value not found*

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

PostBootReminder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
    CDBurn: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
    WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\system32\webcheck.dll
    SysTray: C:\WINDOWS\system32\stobject.dll
    WPDShServiceObj: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\pol icies\Explorer\Run

*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\pol icies\Explorer\Run

*Registry key not found*

End of report, 32,651 bytes
    Report generated in 0.344 seconds

Command line options:
    /verbose - to add additional info on each section
    /complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
    /full - to include several rarely-important sections
    /force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
    /forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
    /forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
    /history - to list version history only

Default Re: HJT Log

Okay.
    We will do this one step at a time.
    *this gives use both time - you to figure out what the instructions are and follow these, and for me to do a more complete read of the logs. And I will have lots of time as these suggested scans for you to do will take a lot of time. You will be busy.*

First.
    Download these and save on the C drive and install later on (tcp repair is maybe needed if you lose the internet from any malware removal damaging the tcp/ip stack - it just does a few commands in windows and does the reset through a gui, and the ccleaner we use in the end anyways).

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_S...ish_d4191.html

http://www.majorgeeks.com/XP_TCPIP_Repair_d4521.html

Then download, install and update this:

(this says shareware, but it is freeware if it is not purchased and will work as freeware)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...are_d5756.html

then this one, download install and update:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Norman_Mal...er__d5450.html

and this one, do the same:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/McAfee_AVE...ger_d4063.html

Okay. You do have this websearch thing installed - it is not a legitimate toolbar/bho.
    It is spyware.
    Plus there is the "gctyiz.dll" - never heard of it and can't find anything about it.
    This gctyiz.dll is very suspect.

So now do this in this order:

open the add and remove programs in the window's control panel and uninstall the "My Web Search" program. It maybe listed as "My Way Speedbar" or " Fun Web Products" if not seen as the My web search program.
    Turn off the computer, wait a few minutes and instead of going back to the normal mode as usual, go instead into the safe mode. Like this way:
    [*]Shut down Windows, and then turn off the power[*]Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on. [*]Start tapping the F8 key (at the bios screen for the manufacture of your computer/laptop).[*]The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.[*]Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected. [*]Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.[*] select the admin account or your account with full admin privileges[*] the option to use the windows system restore then appears, just press the [Enter] key

Once in the safe mode, run all of the three scanners you just installed and updated.
    Remove all found.
    Please make sure there are logs of the removal by these scanners - I need to see later on on what happened, what was missed and what was removed and what could not be removed !

While the scans are going on by themselves, open the Search of windows and select all of the items in the "more advacned options", and then do a search for the gctyiz.dll in the Windows folder. (by "all or part of the name").
    Find this file.
    Right click this file and open the Properties.
    Examine the time/date of install and last used. Open the rest of the properties and see who the vendor is , software version and number and from where the file certificates are from.
    If the information looks bad (points to malware, not official windows or legitimate files), then delete this file and immediately clean the recycle bin.

We will do a find in the registry for this file, but maybe later on.
    You have enough to do at the moment.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

mommydanise Guest

Default Not all of the programs needed show up in safe mode???

Hi Oldsod,

I am trying to do the scanning in safe mode but I think I was suppose to save those programs to the desktop in order for them to still be present in safe mode? Thank you so much for being so patient and willing to help me. It is greatly appreciated.

One of the programs was available in safe mode so I'm moving them all to the same area as that one and checking to see if that works.

I will be keeping you posted though thanks again you are awesome and a life saver...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information