Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tuns of infected files trojans, adware, spyware, etc. No way to repair or remove them. HELP PLEASE

Default Re: What is the best registry healing program to purchase?

Avoid regscan.
    In fact avoid any payware registry cleaner/registry defragger/defragmenter for the file system - all are available for free and these will do the same job.

If you want a free online registry cleaner, then use the windows live online tools- free registry cleaner is included in the kit.

The registry cannot be "healed".
    But it can be cleaned by reg cleaners.

Use the ccleaner you downloaded and installed - it has the basics and does a decent enough job. And it is freeware.

There are other freeware registry cleaners to add and use to this, but the least of your concerns is cleaning the registry - your main concern is removing the malware.
    I will give you some other additional registry cleaners to use, but use these later and after using the ccleaner for a few times.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Default Re: I found some files we were looking for.....

<blockquote><hr>mommydanise wrote:
    Wow I did the search in the registry for the playmp3z and you won't believe what all I found in the same extension as the playmp3z was in...

mtrepair2.exe (which I searched the entire registry for and it said it wasn't there...

Those will be file extensions added to existing media files used by windows and by files even not used by windows (it is part of the media player capabilities.

PlayMP3z
    gctyiz.dll

it's in the search assistant but there are some other files too not sure if they matter but unless you say to mess with the others I won't...

Sorry I fell asleep last night lol
    <hr></blockquote>

Run the ccleaner and maske sure the unused file extension option is enabled in the registry cleaner section - it will removes these in a matter of seconds.

(me too _ I am in the EST zone).

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

mommydanise Guest

k sounds good... so should I run the programs and post new logs so you know where I'm at... lol I'm a little lost as to where I'm at right now.. It just seems like there's a gazillion things that shouldn't be on here or aren't how they should be.

Please run those programs first.
    You can not change the sequence of instructions - they have to be followed step by step and in the order in which they were created.
    Multi-tasking is not an option.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Default Re: Popcap games

If pop games has any kind or some form of tracking and reporting the user's habits (reports to either a third party or reports certain information to their own servers) either through it's own internet connection or through the browser (toolbar or just a silent BHO/.dll inserted into the browser, usually the IE) then it is considered a spyware.
    Often searches and advertising will be especially selected (customized to be slanted towards a specific group or certain sponsors) can be influenced - in this case it is also considered to be spyware.

Not just pop games falls into these area of spyware - there are many examples of this.
    Many users who use these kind of programs/toolbars/bho helpers never understand this or even realise this - they installed the spyware themselves unwittingly and in the belief the tool or program is great.
    More often than not many of the common scanners do not detect these as true spyware - usually the vendors have made some sort of deal with the spy-program companues.
    Ad-Aware (Lavasoft), Windows Defender (MS), Spysweeper (Webroot), and a few other have all made special deals not to detect certain companies programs - they all got deals or payments for not detecting specific programs. Windows Defender will not detect certain things becase MS has trade/business deals with those companies in real life. Ad-aware skips some things because of special agreements with those companies. Webroot skips a few things because of business deals. But there are many other security companies involved with this type of dealings (and I will not involved any further in this discussion).

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

riceorony Guest

Oldsod,

You are a boss! Great work and patience.

-riceorony

Thank you riceorony.
    Your comment is very much appreciated.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information