Thread: Trojan

xonk Guest

Default Trojan

Hi
    During course of today I was in process of logging on
    to a particular website which carries the sport.
    The link is
    ooxtv.com (I think not allowed to quote the full html
    site)On more than
    one
    occasion I was
    informed about a virus which were quarantined.The files mentioned are
    as follows:

Trojan-Downloader.JS.Agent.dly was found in C:\Users\Knox\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TEMP ORARY INTERNET FILES\Low\Content.IE5\B5HWGJ89\engwip2p[1].htm on 04/02/2009 15:19:16

Trojan-Downloader.JS.Agent.dly was found in C:\Users\Knox\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TEMP ORARY INTERNET FILES\Low\Content.IE5\NA1CKTY4\engwip2p[1].htm on 04/02/2009 15:33:06

unquote

In each case the file is quite similar except for what appears after the content. Unfortunately I tried to locate them but without any joy. Perhaps there is a reason why I was unable to locate them.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why quarantined files reappear even thought I am told no need for further action.

Help appreciated

Default Re: Trojan

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>xonk wrote:
    Can anyone enlighten me as to why quarantined files reappear even thought I am told no need for further action. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi!reappear where? Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

xonk Guest

Hi Fax
    Since my thread, I have had several reoccurences of my initial
    enquiry. The fact is that what was quoted originally, were examples of messages received with different content being mentioned after the (section windows\temporaryinternet files\low\content\.ie5\)
    if that makes any sense at all.What worries me is that in each case ZA mentions data quarantined, yet still I continue to receive these notifications on each occasion when I
    try to access the site concerning ooxtv.com (which as mentioned previously is a sports prog.Is there
    way
    to completely irradicate these
    occurrences
    or to fix this problem

which is a pain.

Hi!not sure I understand but I dont think you can't do much about it since the origin is the web site.The site you are trying to view is infected with malware and your ZASS is warning you. This happens everytime you go to the site.You should inform the webmaster of the site, so it can fix the issue.You should in any case try to perform the standard cleaning procedure as described below and check for malware with MBAM and superantispyware (links also below):http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information