ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:978061692
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200902.5315
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    My IE6 browser it totally under attack by DARKSMA. My yahoo antispam finds it and removes it. My ZA antispam does NOT ever find it.The yahoo one removes it but soon as I open that browser.......it comes right back. At random times my browser will open 30-50 browser windows all at once. Fortunately the site it WANTS to go to is no longer there (God help me what would be waiting if it was).
    I tried to install IE7 hoping it would have better capabilities to protect me...........no LUCK
    I downloaded ZA's Force Field as a trial......oddly enough it doesn't stop the attacks, the SITE STATUS says "this is a known phishing site" (or whatever it said) and you should leave it......hard to to when 50 windows are opening and the machine is basically unuseable.....
    HELP!!! I keep buying products.......or ZA's Force Field is a trial.......PLEASE HELP ME find the way to get RID of and prevent that STUPID malware program from coming back.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: darksma how to permanently remove

Hi!please follow closely the standard cleaning steps detailed here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

pkane Guest

I followed the ZA steps at the top, turn off PC restore, reboot in safe mode with networking, deep scans of both ZA AV and ZA AS.......
    This did not find ANYTHING. I had to resort to manual methods like using hijackthis, and another recommendation for another malware remover.
    Interestingly enough while running "brand X" malware remover THEN ZA AV started popping up messages that it found viruses. Where was all that in the AV deep scan? I know what you listed had other methods/tools besides ZA further down. I was hoping with the large amounts of money I keep shelling out for ZA products that are supposed to be catching these things..........will do their job. I have had ZA for many many years......and while the malware and virus issues are getting more complex, I question whether ZA is keeping up.

Hi!did you follow all the steps I have detailed you?No tool can protect 100% from malware, you don't need to buy anything more just check with free tools available and most of all use common sense.Cheers,Fax

pkane Guest

I followed the ZA steps (as I mentioned) did I use all the non-Zone Alarm tools? No. I agree no tool is 100% but if other tools can find them.....then Zone Alarm should find them. Zone Alarm did not even find them in a DEEP SCAN run of the antivirus or the antispam.
    So, what is the point? Continue to buy Zone Alarm products that are not protecting me from virus's that other tools find? THAT may interfere with the common sense your referring to. I do not go to common phishing sites......unless you count AIM.COM or CNN.COM, or even MICROSOFT.COM....
    Look, do not misunderstand my ranting. You obviously are trying to help. I'm just frustrated that ZA failed me.....These are now "new" viruses, these have been around awhile from what I read......I stay current on my updates, I run everything they give me to run......but other tools succeed and theirs fails to protect me.......THAT's unacceptable.

Hi!yes, I undertastand your frustration but there is no tool that can help you.I have suggested you ways to keep you clean and protected completely free.And for what is counts I have never been infected with ZA in 10 years of use ZA is actually really strong in virus protection much better than many other tools around.But good luck with your quest for the perfect tool.Cheers,Fax

pkane Guest

Again, if other tools can find it then so should ZA. Maybe it didn't stop it, but it should find it in a deep scan. If they can't find it then their virus signatures aren't very good. I mean even FORCEFIELD, what good is a red message saying this is a known phishing site and you should not continue to go there........when 50+ browers tabs just opened and I have no ability to even type to click on "go back"? Why not have an option that I can turn on that SAYS if it's a known bad site, don't even ASK ME, just shut it down.......
    In any case, I too have had ZA for probably 10+ years.......but just like insurance for your home or car........who cares if it does you no good when the first REAL problem happens?
    I am not asking ZA to be perfect, I'm asking for ZA to remove/fix/delete when a problem HAS been discovered. It appears to not be able to help me with this problem and THAT is a problem for me.

Great!Thank you for the feedback.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information