Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Backdoor.win32.Zdoogu.j

  1. #1
    mrod_za Guest

    Default Backdoor.win32.Zdoogu.j

    Zonealarm finds and quarantines this trojan, but then it reappears the next day. Seems to be located in c:\Sys vol info\_restore file. Is there a way to permanently delete it? I've turned off System Restore and re-ran the scan, but to no avail. Little to no info available.

    Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,056

    Default Re: Backdoor.win32.Zdoogu.j


    <blockquote><hr>mrod_za wrote:
    Zonealarm finds and quarantines this trojan, but then it reappears the next day. Seems to be located in c:\Sys vol info\_restore file. Is there a way to permanently delete it? I've turned off System Restore and re-ran the scan, but to no avail. Little to no info available.

    Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    8.0
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

    <hr></blockquote>


    Rebooted immediately after disabling the system restore and then repeated the scan?
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

  3. #3
    mrod_za Guest

    Default Re: Backdoor.win32.Zdoogu.j

    The scan is now showing no signs of virus. Malwarebytes also shows no malware.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,056

    Default Re: Backdoor.win32.Zdoogu.j


    <blockquote><hr>mrod_za wrote:
    The scan is now showing no signs of virus. Malwarebytes also shows no malware.
    <hr></blockquote>


    Thats good!
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

  5. #5
    mrod_za Guest

    Default Re: Backdoor.win32.Zdoogu.j

    Must have been the upgrade to ZA version 8
    I did find it odd however that there was very little information available on this trojan.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,056

    Default Re: Backdoor.win32.Zdoogu.j


    <blockquote><hr>mrod_za wrote:
    Must have been the upgrade to ZA version 8
    I did find it odd however that there was very little information available on this trojan.
    <hr></blockquote>
    It should be the same definition base for the versions 7 and 8 so I do not think this applies.

    Backdoor w32 in general means a backdoor (remote access to the computer) and w32 is for windows. As for the rest of the line - can't find anything specific.
    Often the antivirus definitions writer 'invent' the new name for the basic defintion with something new added to on the spot just to give it a proper name (This explains why different antivirus vendors keep using different names for the same virus as they keep labeling the differnet antiviruses apart from each other - yes they wanted to make a continuous definitions base years a go and be consistant amongst themsleves but never got around to it).

    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •