Thread: Backdoor.win32.Zdoogu.j

mrod_za Guest

Default Backdoor.win32.Zdoogu.j

Zonealarm finds and quarantines this trojan, but then it reappears the next day. Seems to be located in c:\Sys vol info\_restore file. Is there a way to permanently delete it? I've turned off System Restore and re-ran the scan, but to no avail. Little to no info available.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Backdoor.win32.Zdoogu.j

<blockquote><hr>mrod_za wrote:
    Zonealarm finds and quarantines this trojan, but then it reappears the next day. Seems to be located in c:\Sys vol info\_restore file. Is there a way to permanently delete it? I've turned off System Restore and re-ran the scan, but to no avail. Little to no info available.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

Rebooted immediately after disabling the system restore and then repeated the scan?
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

mrod_za Guest

The scan is now showing no signs of virus. Malwarebytes also shows no malware.

The scan is now showing no signs of virus. Malwarebytes also shows no malware.
    <hr></blockquote>

Thats good!
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

mrod_za Guest

Must have been the upgrade to ZA version 8
    I did find it odd however that there was very little information available on this trojan.

Must have been the upgrade to ZA version 8
    I did find it odd however that there was very little information available on this trojan.
    <hr></blockquote>
    It should be the same definition base for the versions 7 and 8 so I do not think this applies.

Backdoor w32 in general means a backdoor (remote access to the computer) and w32 is for windows. As for the rest of the line - can't find anything specific.
    Often the antivirus definitions writer 'invent' the new name for the basic defintion with something new added to on the spot just to give it a proper name (This explains why different antivirus vendors keep using different names for the same virus as they keep labeling the differnet antiviruses apart from each other - yes they wanted to make a continuous definitions base years a go and be consistant amongst themsleves but never got around to it).

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information