Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: win32.Ihdyzz

shawns Guest

Default win32.Ihdyzz

Ran a virus and spyware update then did a scan. win32.Ihdyzz came up as a spyware Trojan. After some research I found that it is part of adobe flash player. Is this a real threat or a false positive. I did a lot of searches and came up with nothing. I must be the only/first one with this problem.
    ZASS 8.0.110.000anti virus engine version 6.0.2.678anti spywear engine version 5.0.202.0

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

stoneil Guest

Default Re: win32.Ihdyzz

See previous thread Flash.ocx is it a false positive
    Since the file has a brand new Certificate I think yes

americanhero Guest

I am having the same problem and ZoneAlarm said it deleted the threat but when I do a follow up scan it comes back

americanhero Guest

It is a real threat that will not go away until you do a system rebootMeaning you need to reinstall everything that came with the PC

naivemelody Guest

Default Re:Trojan W32.Ihdyzz/ AdobeFlash - false positve?

Please click here > http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=32195
    < read thru for the latest update

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 03-10-2009 07:05 PM

imconcerned Guest

I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled adobe flash player and win32.Ihdyzz was no longer detected. But when I reinstalled adobe flash player it showed up again. I'm currently running with out the flash player. I'll try it again in a day or two. I'll be following this thread for more information.
    Is this a false positive or is my computer infected with something that's using adobe?
    This thread is getting a lot of views, must be that it's not too uncommon. I would appreciate any other information. It doesn't take much to register so you can post.

Message Edited by imconcerned on 03-11-2009 09:15 AM

Message Edited by imconcerned on 03-11-2009 10:06 AM

americanhero Guest

Adobe flash was causing the problem People who get this threat pop up need to uninstall Adobe flash and any other program that goes with Flash to get rid of the problem

imconcerned Guest

Thanks but I still couldn't get ride of it. As a point of interest, I tried using AVG Anti Virus and it did not detect this. I do however believe it is a real threat, I sure wish I knew how I got it & why!
    I'm waiting to hear back from the people at Zone Alarm about this. Looks like I'll be using one of my slower/older computers for awhile.

americanhero Guest

It is the adobe flashYou need to uninstall all the components of the Adobe flash and then do a follow up scanIt should be gone then but do not reinstall the Adobe flash because win32.Ihdyzz will come back

americanhero Guest

How can you not get rid of it after you uninstalled the Adobe flash?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information