Thread: Need help with a trojan that keeps getting on computer

stakerneedshelp Guest

Default Need help with a trojan that keeps getting on computer

G'day, i recently wrote to you guys about a trojan that kept popping up on our computer through chuzzle v. 1.01. I deleted the game, and now the trojan is popping up in a registry/system information file. I really need up in making sure it does not get back on the computer. I suspect i have a hacker. The Trojan is Win32.Trojan.Crypt.XPACK.Gen i really need to get a handle on this as i have had hacker problems with zone alarm installed on the computer before. The zone alarm advisory says the trojan allows that whoever put the trojan on the computer total access to my whole computer remotely without me knowing. I want to get a hold of this as its very frustrating, and i don't believe that its a false positive as i have been advised by this forum in the past. Please help. We also have zone alarm force field and PC Tune Up, and keep getting a spyware program on PC Tune Up registry file as well, that only spybot S&D finds. Please help with this situation if you can. I really need the help

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

garywa Guest

Default Re: Need help with a trojan that keeps getting on computer

I know you don't believe this is a false positive, but in
    my opinion, and the opinion of several others, this "trojan" is a false positive within some PopCap games.
    I have set the scan detection to ignore always and I have never had a problem.

Read the last 2 posts in this topic:
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...essage.id=5491
    And also this topic:
    http://forum.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/...essage.id=5081
    Finally, with the latest definition files, ZASS no longer detects this as a trojan on either of my 2 PCs.
    My full system scans run clean which include PopCap games Bookworm, Bejeweled, Feeding Frenzy, Talismania and Zuma.
    I don't have the Chuzzle game installed.
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.000
    Driver version:8.0.298.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:980511898
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200903.5545
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429

Thread Information