Thread: I think I have been hijacked

ct_one Guest

Default I think I have been hijacked

I first noticed this 2 days ago when no links would respond on any IE webpage. This is an older laptop that is mainly used for e-mail and office functions.The page for ZA virus scanning function windows
    are blank and when a scan is started it seems to be funtioning with no indicators of progress. Other ZA windows seem OK.
    I removed/reloaded ZA with same result.I cannot access user accounts - I get a "script?" error with no way to close the window unless I logout.Followed the steps I saw on one of these boards.i.e. turn off system restore and run ZA
    and still unable to manipulate scanning. I ran MBAM clean - superantispyware found a few things - but they were in a mozilla related file that has long been uninstalled.Free DrWeb found nothing. I am currently trying the A squared - but it seems
    to not be finding anything.I have only created a file from Hijack this in safe mode so far and it seems not to show anything unusual - i suspect it is prefered to see this data under a normal condition. I will be doing that when this is complete.Am I on the right track here? maybe I have a true SW glitch here - but it is very suspicous.Any FB would be appriciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: I think I have been hijacked

<blockquote><hr>CT_one wrote:
    I first noticed this 2 days ago when no links would respond on any IE webpage. This is an older laptop that is mainly used for e-mail and office functions.The page for ZA virus scanning function windows
    are blank and when a scan is started it seems to be funtioning with no indicators of progress. Other ZA windows seem OK.
    I removed/reloaded ZA with same result.I cannot access user accounts - I get a &quot;script?&quot; error with no way to close the window unless I logout.Followed the steps I saw on one of these boards.i.e. turn off system restore and run ZA
    and still unable to manipulate scanning. I ran MBAM clean - superantispyware found a few things - but they were in a mozilla related file that has long been uninstalled.Free DrWeb found nothing. I am currently trying the A squared - but it seems
    to not be finding anything.I have only created a file from Hijack this in safe mode so far and it seems not to show anything unusual - i suspect it is prefered to see this data under a normal condition. I will be doing that when this is complete.Am I on the right track here? maybe I have a true SW glitch here - but it is very suspicous.Any FB would be appriciated.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>CT_one,
    You may want to post a DDS (Pseudo HJT report) at bleepingcomputer.

They are
    among the
    best for
    malware help and know the latest iterations
    and solutions.
    The DDS download link

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html
    Findley

Thread Information