Thread: trojan-spy.win32.zbot.gen keeps reappearing

yenooc Guest

Default trojan-spy.win32.zbot.gen keeps reappearing

This is my first time posting.
    I have searched the Zone Alarm forums for trojan-spy.win32.zbot.gen and can't find any info.
    Zone Alarm started saying yesterday that it had caught and quarantined trojan-spy.win32.zbot.gen.
    When I restart it catches it again, leading me to believe our computer is infected.
    A Google search indicates that this virus is the kind that steals passwords and other sensitive information, so I am very concerned.
    Any suggestions as to removing it would be much appreciated.
    I already found the thread that says how to run a full ZA Antivirus/Antispyware scan in safe mode with networking (http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...essage.id=5746), I will try that tonight.
    I routinely run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyware in safe mode.
    My operating system is Window XP Home EditionI have Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite.
    Thanks,Lorien

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: trojan-spy.win32.zbot.gen keeps reappearing

yenooc,

Get expert malware help for removing trojan-spy.win32.zbot.gen at bleepingcomputer. Read Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis and other Malware Removal Tools, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

Findley

yenooc Guest

Default Re: trojan-spy.win32.zbot.gen keeps reappearing

Thank you, Findley.
    I seem to have gotten rid of this Trojan, thankfully.
    It appears to have been hiding in system restore, and I cleared out my system restore points and ran Zone Alarm deep scans in safe mode.
    Zone Alarm is no longer finding this file, so I am concluding that means it is gone.

Thread Information