Thread: Win32.Trojan.Heur.P5IE21D4D4D Possible false positive? Thanks a lot for help

Hybrid View

lateralus Guest

Default Win32.Trojan.Heur.P5IE21D4D4D Possible false positive? Thanks a lot for help

Hi!

ZoneAlarm found this trojan (medium risk) in the following files:

C:Windows/System32/SIntf16.dll
    C:Windows/System32/SIntf32.dll
    C:Windows/System32/SIntfNT.dll

The files were all created in march it says when I check them. They don't have an "author" though. I have done multiple scans before but nothing has been found before, until today.

I uploaded the three above mentioned files to www.rustotal.com and two of them were seen as suspicious files by esafe. One of the got 0/41. Two of the files got 1/41 because esafe rated them as suspicious files.

The only site I have been on that I can think of where I could have gotten this is when I accidently opened www.starcraf2.com instead of www.starcraft2.com. Other than that I haven't visited any sites or done anything that could have resulted in an infection. Could it be a false positive?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Best regards

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Win32.Trojan.Heur.P5IE21D4D4D Possible false positive? Thanks a lot for help

These .dlls are often associated with WoW/blizzard game installations.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

lateralus Guest

Default Re: Win32.Trojan.Heur.P5IE21D4D4D Possible false positive? Thanks a lot for help

Thanks a lot for your reply mate and I appologise for the late reply!
    I actually have only Blizzard games installed on the machine so I'll try to run them and see if they still function properly.

Best regards

No problem!
    Try contacting blizzard and ask them if these files belong to the games and explain the reason for asking them.
    (I think the files are involved in helping to prevent crackz for their games, so ask tactfully).

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information