Thread: Is zabackupstartup.exe malware?

earlin Guest

Default Is zabackupstartup.exe malware?

I am in the process of cleaning my computer from some kind of malware infection and a scan by Dr. Web-CureIt had this line in the log:
    "zabackupstartup.exe;c:\zonealarmbackup;Proba bly BACKDOOR.Trojan;Moved.;"
    I use ZA's online backup. I moved (a Dr. Web function which I think means quarantined) the file but ZA's backup still runs OK. Does anyone know if this is a valid ZA file?
    Thanks in advance for your response.

Operating System:Windows Vista 64 bit
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: Is zabackupstartup.exe malware?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>earlin wrote:
    "zabackupstartup.exe;c:\zonealarmbackup;Probab ly BACKDOOR.Trojan;Moved.;"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!for sure its not something created by ZA automatically. Follow the steps below to clean you system frommalware:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

earlin Guest

Thanks fax.

I'm actually working with someone at bleepingcomputer (on your recomendation)
    to clean my computer but I wanted to check in this forum to see if this file
    is one that ZA backup needs.
    There doesn't seem to be much about ZA's online backup service. Do you know where I can find information on the backup program? It's handled by IDrive but I can't find anything on them. I gotta tell you: either I don't know how to use ZA's support or it's exceptionally terrible. If it wasn't for people like you on this forum there'd be no help. I like their products (and I own CheckPoint stock) but they gotta work on support!
    ....and I'm hoping that Ver. 9 makes Forcefield
    more stable.
    Anyway, enough venting. Thanks for your help!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>earlin wrote:
    Do you know where I can find information on the backup program? It's handled by IDrive
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You may want to contact ZA technical support, link in my signature.The backup can be reached by the ZA interface ("additional services" panel on the right of the ZA window)The manual also contains useful information:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/pd...user-guide.pdfNever had problems withForceField: Keep virtualization ON, clean your virtual data from time to time and turn OFF forcefield everytime you need to update your browser or plug-insCheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 07-09-2009 01:02 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information