Thread: trusted zone security- is it safe to set as medium ?

ufo Guest

Default trusted zone security- is it safe to set as medium ?

on ZA free edition, is it safe to put the firewall under "firewall->trusted zone security->med." ?i ask that since i noticed that each time i put it under "high" , the internet connection is very slow. i think it's because of that. even the google website is slow (more than 3 seconds to load, sometimes more than 5 !).

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: trusted zone security- is it safe to set as medium ?

Yes, it is safe. Actually, 'Medium' is the default setting from Zone Labs.

ufo Guest

hmm..because of a weird problem , i can't check my security settings with ZA with this configuration. does the firewall with that configuration pass those security tests?http://scan.sygat e.com/(without the space between sygat and e)https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/s...RMHCGVRVRMNRYB

plus, does the internet connection slows down to you too whith the 'high' configuration?

billc Guest

Remember, if you lower the Trusted Zone setting to 'Medium', that setting will only apply to computers in your Trusted Zone. Sygate, Symantec and GRC are not in the Trusted Zone, they are in the Internet Zone. So your firewall will pass the tests unless some other configuration is effecting your results.

I've not seen in noticeable difference in my computer's speed, but then again, I've not do a lot of testing. I have tested my speed with and without ZA running and for my configuration, I've not seen any noticeable difference there either.

ufo Guest

"...I have tested my speed ..."you do talk about internet connection speed , right?

billc Guest

Yes, I do mean my internet speed.

ufo Guest

ok, i guess.i got your answer anyway , so thanks.

ufo Guest

i have a new problem:i bought a new computer (finally) , and it doesn't allow me to connect to the internet if i set the "internet zone security" to high, only medium.plus, somehow the grc and sygate security tests show that my computer fails, but the symantec test show everything is fine.weird...

Thread Information