Thread: RGRC says that Port 1025 is open...what to do?

jwirt Guest

Default RGRC says that Port 1025 is open...what to do?

GRC reports that port 1025 is open on my computer. The report is, "One or more unspecified Distributed COM (DCOM) services are opened by Windows."I installed GRC's DCOMbobulator and it reports that DCOM is disabled on my system. If so, why does GRC's port test report that port 1025 is open?What should I do about this?Thank you.John Wirt

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.5

billc Guest

Default Re: RGRC says that Port 1025 is open...what to do?

Are you by chance behind a router or using a modem that does NAT? Have you granted 'server' rights to any program in the Internet zone?

bomber_mills Guest

Default Re: RGRC says that Port 1025 is open...what to do?

I had a similar problem with a variable port being detected as open by Shields Up at GRC.com in every new internet session. As ZA tests incoming and outgoing traffic I eventually isolated the problem to the PC link to my mobile phone connector. All I did was to change the tick in the Server box to a question mark for that application in my program list.I refreshed the Shields Up test and I had a green clean sweep. It may be easier at first to change all the Program Server Ticks into Question Marksuntil you can properly decide whether the controlling program actually needs server access or not. Perhaps this will work for others with this kind of roblem.

Thread Information