Thread: network

goro Guest

Default network

I have a ethernet device installed on my laptop. I made no network connection. Can a hacker get into my pc through my ethernet device or must there be a network connection for him to get in.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: network

You are 100% safe. Absolutely! The danger exists if you EVER connect to the net in any way for any reason. So long as you NEVER connect to the net, you are safe.

If you do connect, spyware like keyloggers can store files on your PC while you are off line then send them when you connect.

Be warned though, you still need up-to-date Anti-virus, anti-trojan etc software to protect you against dangerous code contained in files you load onto your computer via your floppy disk or USB drive.

tenacious_lee Guest

Default Re: network

hey, think i'm having the same problem, i have an internet connection on my pc but the problem is someone keeps trying to create a network on my pc, + when it's done i cn't access the internet and i dunno how to cancel it.Any help plzzzzzzzzzz lemme know.....it's annoying, it's the third time they've tried to get in.Lee

Thread Information