Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True Vector shutdown

junglenut Guest

Default True Vector shutdown

I had a disconcerting incident earlier.

I was working on this machine with several apps running, and noticed a Zone Alarm button on the task bar. When I clicked on it, it was a notice from Zone Alarm to say that the true vector service had shut down

The obvious question was - who or what had it shut down and why? Only yesterday I had updated to ZA 6.1.737, was this an issue?

I immediately disconnected the machine from the modem and started running Spybot, Adaware and Norton AV - no result from any of them. While they were running I googled on another machine and I found some references to the true vector service shutting down but they were all a couple of years old.

Now I am back on the machine that had the hiccup, and everything seems normal.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Can anyone shed any light on this?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

jasson Guest

Default Re: True Vector shutdown

hi there were do i find the ture vector service on my pc try to install ZA but a msg keeps poppin up ture vector has shut down ,and says i have to restart it:0

theoldman Guest

Yes, me too. I noticed this today after upgrade (or update, however this is viewed) to version 6.1.737.000 ZoneAlarmPro. The first time it happened I thought it was a glich but it just happened again and I came here to see if this was a program problem. Any ideas?
    Also running WinXP Pro SP2 and all updates.

jasson Guest

i have not a clue at all and really need help here as im the most basic computer user there is

billc Guest

It is not totally unusual for True Vector to shutdown and require restarting. It is unusual for this to happen with frequency. If you are getting frequent True Vector shutdowns, then I'd uninstall your ZA firewall and reinstall a fresh one.

If you choose to uninstall, do it like this. Go into the start menu and the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

junglenut Guest

Thanks Bill. So far it has only happened the once (fingers crossed!)

junglenut Guest

Can you perhaps tell me why it shut down?

My concern is that I was working with several windows open when I noticed the ZA button on the task bar. I dont know how long it had been there - I regularly flick from one window to another using different apps when I am working so if the ZA alert did have focus initially it could have lost it quickly, leaving me unprotected for who knows how long?

billc Guest

Sorry I can not specifically tell you what caused the shutdown. However, there is a file in your Internet Logs folder called tvDebug.log that monitors and records the behavior of True Vector. The technicians at Zone Labs probably will be able to tell you from looking at the file.You can contact Zone Labs Technical Support .

I can tell you it happens to me every couple months or so. I don't know why. I just start it back up and all is well again.

junglenut Guest

Thanks, I have contacted support.

bobp Guest

Hi,Since the upgrade True Vector has shutdown for me around 5 times. I have yet to figure out why...will keep watching the forum to see if information comes available.XP SP26.1.737.000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information