Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True Vector shutdown

oneder Guest

Default Re: True Vector shutdown

I have been having strife with the new version.Noticed true vector service was set manual in services.Pretty sure it was set at auto in the last version.Anyway I have uninstalled and using other security software for the time being.

junglenut Guest

It is set to automatic on this machine.

BTW, I havent had a problem since my first post. I am still waiting for a response from support, but I will post any useful info here when I do.

petetxny Guest

Back about 10 June 2005 TrueVector Service shut down was talked about a lot. A work-around posted then said to open Zone Alarm, Click on "Program Control", then move the "Advisor" to off. I tried to find ZA's posted solution from back then, but cannot find it on the forums.

I think ZA said they'd changed part of the settings in the update, and when they were changed back, everything worked correctly again.

Did the update designers do it again?

jds Guest

I have had TrueVector shut down about fout times in the past two days. Here are the details of the merror message:szAppName:vsmon.exe, szAppVer: 6.1.7370, szModName:vsruledb.dll, offset 000233d7.Needless to say it is troubling to have it go down! Please Help!Thanks, JoAnn

staindrop Guest

Since I upgraded and reinstalled ZA the True Vector Internet Monitor shuts down every night. I have scheduled spyware (1 am) and anti-virus (3 am) sweeps every night. Those used to work ok. Now the anti-virus stalls at about the same place (temporary internet files for another user on the machine who has a different XP account), and the True Vector Internet Monitor shuts down - so when I look at my machine in the morning I get a message asking if I want to restart the TVIM - when I look at the anti-virus scan progress it is stalled - and it refuses to accept a 'skip' instruction. The TVIM restarts in response to clicking 'yes' to restart, but I cannot get a 'skip' to work without shutting down and restarting ZA. Could someone please point me to a fix for this problem? Looking at other posts, this is beginning to have an aroma of a bug! ... oh, and getting to ZL tech support is a nightmare! - and at one point when I try to send an email I am told that my email address (ending in .info) is invalid! If TVIM shuts down, how unprotected is my machine for the period between shutting down and my restarting?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information