Thread: parental control

Hybrid View

rockyrivermark Guest

Default parental control

I enabled parental control on my newphews computer but all someone would have to do is disable it again by going into the menu. Can settings be password protected?? RRM.

Default Re: parental control

Yes, settings in ZoneAlarm can be pass-word protected.Go to Overview > Preferences and click on "Set Password..."

<blockquote><hr>chiawaikian wrote:
    Yes, settings in ZoneAlarm can be pass-word protected. Go to Overview > Preferences and click on "Set Password..."
    <hr></blockquote>
    But doesn't this only apply to ZA Pro, not the free version? I don't think you can password protect the free version but I might be wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>FrereOP wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>chiawaikian wrote:
    Yes, settings in ZoneAlarm can be pass-word protected.Go to Overview &gt; Preferences and click on "Set Password..."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    But doesn't this only apply to ZA Pro, not the free version? I don't think you can password protect the free version but I might be wrong.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, the free version cannot be password-protected. However I am fairly sure rockyrivermarkis using a paid version as the free version doesn't have Parental Control.

Thank Guru Chia.

I wonder if the ZA database can be set to READ ONLY for all users except the one person who is contolling the access? It may be an option for those running the free version as a suitable alternative to password protection. This would probably only be possible under W2K or XP Pro where security settings can be set for each user on each file.

rockyrivermark Guest

yep.. got a paid version but also installed it on my nephews computer. don't sure how that works.thanks for the heads up guys!
    RRM

I think it can be set that way but I have never tried it before. Perhaps you could try and let us know?

Thread Information