Thread: [Solved] Help! Under Constant Attack on TCP & UDP Port 6881

tripleballer Guest

Smile [Solved] Help! Under Constant Attack on TCP & UDP Port 6881

Please Help,

Less than a day ago, I noticed that my internet had an unusual amount of activity. So i decided to check my firewall counter and there were over 6000 attacks in under four hours. It is blocking all of them, but they keep on coming. All of the attacks are on either my UDP Port 6881 or my TCP Port 6881 from a different address every time. My PC continues to send data and i belive that it is triggering it to come in a constant stream. I have run multiple scans using Ad-aware, Spybot S&D, and AVG Free 7.0 and Ad-aware found something other than cookies the first time i ran it. It was somthing called "Cometsystems" but i removed it and it didnt change a thing. I am at a loss.
    Thanks for any help you can give.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version: 6.0

Message Edited by tripleballer on 12-13-2005 07:46 PM

Default Re: Help! Under Constant Attack on TCP & UDP Port 6881

Bit Torrent uses this port. See HERE

tripleballer Guest

What should I do to stop it? I have never downloaded, nor used BitTorrent to my knowledge and I am the only one who currently uses this computer. I dont understand why I would get so many intrusions from so many completely different addresses. Several days ago I went to a website that supports streaming and downloading using BitTorrent, but i only used the .wmv format to stream the videos. My roomate has BitTorrent, but that would not explain why the intrusions are coming from so many addresses.
    Thanks so much for your help.

Message Edited by tripleballer on 12-13-2005 10:17 PM

tripleballer Guest

Well the problem stopped all of a sudden. I believe that it WAS my roomate's computer because right after he turned off his PC, the intrusions stopped completely. At least now I know what the problem was caused by. Thanks FrereOP for finding that information for me even though I don't know why his PC had such an effect only recently. But since I am leaving, i wont have to worry anymore.

<blockquote><hr>tripleballer wrote:
    Thanks FrereOP for finding that information for me even though I don't know why his PC had such an effect only recently. But since I am leaving, i wont have to worry anymore.
    <hr></blockquote>
    You're welcome.

Does your room mate share an internet connection with you via a LAN (eg through a switch or a router)?

Are you leaving this forum or your room mate? We would hate to see you leave the forum!

tripleballer Guest

Yes, my roomate and I were on the same wireless router. But now I left and went home so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Thanks again for helping me figure out the problem. I still wonder though why his computer cause so much trouble for me. When he logged on to BitTorrent, it was as if my laptop became a server for BitTorrent and I was getting requests from thousands of BitTorrent users, but I don't know. It was a real strange situation. Now I'm going to put ZoneAlarm Free on my PC at home even though it is behind a hardware firewall cause its the best free firewall out there.

Thread Information