Thread: QuickBooks & 'unusual' True Vector Monitor shutdown

peapod Guest

Default QuickBooks & 'unusual' True Vector Monitor shutdown

Sorry if this is a repeat but I appears my last message disappeared before I could post it. I am getting two issues since loading the latestupgrade of ZA Pro (61737)1. Many applications first get the red notice for possibly montoring keystrokes, etc. However, I can usually deny and continue working. My Quickbooks, however, will not operate unless I approve this function. Intuit told me to click yes to get it working, then contact ZA. Here I am.2. I get clusters of 'True Vector Monitor was shut down in an unusual way' messages and sometimes it doesn't restart very well. It mentions to report this odd behavior. Here I am. I have also noticed that my sound is now gone. There is RealTek audio, and an item was muted. I deselected that, but no sound. I checked again later and a different item was checked for mute. I deselected that as well, but I still have no sound, even though I have also gone into control panel and tried to see if anything was odd there. I am concerned because I have heard trojans/viruses can cause this. Any recommendations?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

muffincharizard Guest

Default Re: QuickBooks & 'unusual' True Vector Monitor shutdown

Unfortunately the Quickbooks program shuts down the truevector monitor (the actual firewall component) by design. Firewall hardening prevents access, but there really isn't anything you can do to resolve this beyond getting rid of Quickbooks.

Thread Information