Thread: someone hacking my pc

jamesdddd Guest

Default someone hacking my pc

I have a couple of questions here that are very importent, ill give it to you guys right off the back.Can someone hack me if i dont have a network card installed and no modem or anything connected to my computer?.yes or noif yes how do i stop it from happening?.Someone is hacking me and i dont even have any internet cables connected to my pc, and i dont have i wireless networkcard in my pc.He is hacking me for sure im not gonna say what he is doing cause you will think im lying,trust me he is doing it.I think the FBI or CIA should capture this dude for sure, cause i think he knows some computer secrets.I turned all of my internet off unplugged every network cable already.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: someone hacking my pc

You can get "hacked" but the hacker needs physical access to your machine.
    [*]How do you know you are being hacked?[*]How many other people use your PC?[*]Do they all have their own separate accounts or do you all share a single account?[*]Does your account have "Admninistrator" priveleges?[*]How many of those other accounts have "Administrator" priveleges?[*]What precautions do you take to ensure virii, spyware and other assorted scumware does not get installed?[*]If you don't have any form of network connection, how did you post your message?

jamesdddd Guest

Thanks for the reply, only I use the computer no one other then me uses it.I have admin ablility,I use ad ware to check for spyware and adware,I also use spybot,and hijackthis.I also have a program that checks all running processes,dll files, and all other stuff called startuplist.What he is doing are little things which I dont think matter to you guys but it bugs me,he changes my screen brightness and he also messes with myvideo when i watch them.When i watch my videos he changes the brightness of the video infront of me,from dark to bright.I guess you guys might not care but i do,its not my video player or codecs cause they worked fine before.please dont tell me to reinstall cause thats not the problem.I have hadmy pc for about two years now.some times he corrupts my music player so i cant start it up.Thats with all internet connections offline and unplugged.I know this sounds dumb but believe me he is doing it.Im using my friends computer to post this.

<blockquote><hr>jamesdddd wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, only I use the computer no one other then me uses it.
    <hr></blockquote>

Well in that case, you are not being hacked. For a computer that is not connected to the Internet in any way, the only way you can get hacked is by someone else installing spyware (like a keylogger) on your machine then coming back later to retrieve the data. Your computer is 100% guaranteed safe from EXTERNAL attack because its not connected to anything.

It is possible you have some sort of virus, but it is also possible there is some intermittent problem with your monitor causing the brightness fluctuations. If the videos are copies, then Macrovision (a copy protection mechanism) can cause this as well.

Try another monitor and see if it makes a difference. Then try YOUR monitor on another machine you know is good. That will help you eliminate a hardware fault in your monitor.

Thread Information