Thread: SKYPE- I deny it with ZAPro and it still loads!!

zonker Guest

Default SKYPE- I deny it with ZAPro and it still loads!!

Hi. can anyone tell me how and why skype loads when i have denied it on zapro and run a netgear dg834 with hardwired firewall, and pestpatrol as well?? I am using ZApro 5.5.094 cos of all the problems other users have had with later versions....Thanks, zonker.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.5

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: SKYPE- I deny it with ZAPro and it still loads!!

What specificly do you mean that it still loads?If you mean at startup,thats because you need to manually remove it from starting up with the computer.If you mean it still connects even though you have denied it all access' then it most likely is a corrupted database on ZoneAlarms part,you most likely will have to reset it and reconfigure the entire firewall.

Default Re: SKYPE- I deny it with ZAPro and it still loads!!

And why do you want it restricted anyway? It is not a security issue at all unless you a share the one user account for everyone that uses the PC.

If you don't want it to load at startup, select "File/Log in as a new user" then when you log in, UNCHECK the "Log this user on automatically when Skype starts" box. You need to do this EVERY time or else Skype will autromatically load and log you in. I love Skype for its simplicity, ease of installatiuon and security but this is one "feature" which I don't like!

By the way, Skype needs server rights in ZA but will go through your hardware firewall as if it isn't there! An amazing piece of software is Skype!

Thread Information