Thread: Something or someone keeps changing my program control settings

jackedward Guest

Default Something or someone keeps changing my program control settings

Good morning, I have 2 "programs" Named "i" and "ion" which are deffinatly NOT programs. They have convinced "ZA Security Suite' that they are system files. Thier properties are not to be found, but the info at the bottom of the page says "not available and invalid date"I've scanned my PC with some of the best software but have found nothing. Several times a day the settings get changed back to super, All though I've restricted it. The permissions get changed back to allow, even though I've blocked it. Some one is running circle around "ZA Security Suite". Along the same line, I have some games that seem to slip right past ZA. They areNOT installed at this time. I keep them blocked but when I play them I checked "logs and alerts" afterward. It shows that they were active but doesn't know if they were blocked or allowed. Za doesn't know the source or destination. One of the games that comes to mind is "Dirt Track Racing Sprint Cars" by "Ratbag".I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks, jack

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Something or someone keeps changing my program control settings

Hi, Perhaps I can help you, as I am a user of Zone Alarm Pro. Sounds like you may have some bugs in your computer, so to make sure, would you PLEASE go to the following site and let them complete a FREE online scanning for bugs. PLEASE post back your results. http://www.ewido.net/en/ Thank you for your time and have a nice day! SlyFox:8}
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. jackedward Guest

Thanks neighbors,I downloaded "Ewido" last night. It found 28 bugs that had been missed by "Adaware Personal,Spybot S&D, and Zone Alarm Security Suite". Yet when I booted up awhile
    ago I checked my program control and it had been changed again. When I try to kill It,
    "Zone Alarm" tells me that I can't kill a system Program, or words to that effect.
    When Highlited, it still tells me [at the bottom of the page] That it's not applicable and invalid date. I saved the instructions concerning the safe mode changes and will give it a try in just a few minuites.
    thank you both, jack

jackedward Guest

Thanks again "Greb49er" and "Slyfox".
    Deleting those "RDB" files Might have done it. It also got rid of some other old stuff that
    should have been gone already.
    Another thing of interest, is last night, "ZA" told me that my "CCeaner" was trying to
    change some "ZA" settings. I've never had any problems with this program so I Concluded that it must have gotten corrupted. I emmediatly wiped it with a wiping program I use.
    if the problem reappers I'll post back. Got to get to work now. Thanks again, jack

Thread Information