Thread: Zone Alarm Sometimes Shuts Down on Its Own

stanhin Guest

Default Zone Alarm Sometimes Shuts Down on Its Own

About once a week, at random times, my Zone Alarm Pro shuts itself down with a message something like "True Vector has encountered a problem and needs to close." This is followed in a few seconds by another message asking me whether I would like to re-start Zone Alarm. The problem with this system is that I have an "always on" internet connection, so, if Zone Alarm shuts itself down while I am away from the computer, I am unprotected until I return. A suggestion to Zone Alarm--provide some means for an automatic restart when Zone Alarm has to shut itself down (better still, fix whatever problem is making it shut down periodically). Questions for others-anybody else ever have this problem? Anybody know a solution for it?

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Sometimes Shuts Down on Its Own

Hi stanhin
    Look at the event viewer (control panel-admnistrative tools-event viewer) and see if in applications errors there is a description about true vector error, something like 'Za log was corrupt...'. I think you may solve your problem with a resetting of the ZA data base. You loose all your customizations and need to built a fresh data base. Follow this link to do that http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=7101#M7101
    Best regards

chicago Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Sometimes Shuts Down on Its Own

stanhin,

This will happen frequently and Zone Labs does NOTHING to fix it. There's no update, they don't address it and they don't respond. My True Vector goes off E V E R Y morning when I wake up and go to my computer. I've followed the instructions for doing a clean uninstall and then reinstall. It seemed to work for a short term. I'd have True Vector shut off every few days instead of every day, sometimes two to three times a day. Lately with me it's going off during the night and I discover it when I wake up. So all night I have no firewall and my computer is on and connected 24/7. I've turned on my Windows firewall because when True Vector decides to shut down, you have no protection. I'm also using a router, so hopefully that'll help, too.

But, Zone Labs has not done anything to correct this other than give useless lip service. I'd start looking for another firewall and/or buy a router with a built-in firewall because Zone Alarm in my opinion is unreliable and you get no help or support from them.

Thread Information