Thread: Inbound Protection - logging?

bamsemusen Guest

Default Inbound Protection - logging?

Hey.

First of all. The free firewall really do own
    Great.
    Well let me get to this shortly, I've got a little question. Lately I've been bombed with request for connection on several ports, I do know for a fact that some people are scanning me. Its fine that the firewall blocks it (thumps up). But I see in one two days, that the program has blocked 132 attempts (7 high rated). I would have loved if there was some kind of log over, who tried to do anything. Can't I see a log on the ip's trying to connect, at what clock, at which port etc etc.

Couldn't find it anywhere. So hoped some may knew it.

Oh. And by the way, not sure I posted the right place, if not, just move my message.

Thanks in advance.
    LasseVP

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Inbound Protection - logging?

Hi BamseMusen
    I don't think,if you are not behind a router or a modem with NAT, that the number of attempts is too many, mostly they do not target your computer in particular and correspond to internet background noise. In the log viewer in ZA you may have a first idea about what you ask. However the only way to know in the right moment what is the internet activity in your computer, namely what programs and ports in the computer and what the ip's and ports in the remote computers, is to use a port to process mapper.I use and recommend Port Explorer,but is paid(30 days trial) but there are good free programs like TCPView from SysInternals and Active Ports.It's the best way to have control about your internet connections.
    Best regards

bamsemusen Guest

Thanks a lot. I must have overseen it at the first time, I did try the free program. That's just superb

ad_hock Guest

You're very welcome BamseMusen
    Best regards

Thread Information