Thread: Clipboard contents available to visited sites -- anyone know how to block this?

Hybrid View

pauldcole Guest

Default Clipboard contents available to visited sites -- anyone know how to block this?

Does anyone know how to block the clipboard's accessability?
    I went to http://internetfrog.com/mypc/browserinfo/
    and was alarmed to see that the last entry to my clipboard appeared in full. My installed ActiveX browser extensions were also identified.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: Clipboard contents available to visited sites -- anyone know how to block this?

Hello!! It can be stopped by contolling the clipboard within "Sytems". Click Start, then click Administrative Tools, then click System, then look for Clipboard. Then select Properties, and then select Manual or Stop. This will stop any automatic or start action of the clipboard. Maybe use a good clean to wipe info. I would also suggest finding out how you got this installed on your pc to begin with- is the malware still active on your pc? Take care Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

pauldcole Guest

Default Re: Clipboard contents available to visited sites -- anyone know how to block this?

Thanks for the suggestion. I opened the admin tools\local services page and didn't find Clipboard amongst those listed. The closest was ClipBook which I had disabled over a year ago. I am unclear as to what are you referring as malware? Is there a setting in IE that can be
    set to block
    what should be private info?
    Once again, thanks.

Sorry To have mixed the two! My guess is something has access to areas of your pc which you probabaly do not want or need. Other than checking the IE area for enhancing security settings, not much else to be able to "improve" the IE, What has run in your pc is probably malware. One way to avoid this is to use the Opera or FireFox browsers. I just don't see how it got in your clipboard without any permissions or allowances- so my guess was malware.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

tgnirrep Guest

In Internet Explorer the setting that allows viewing of the clipboard is, by default, turned on. It can be turned off by:

1. In Internet Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security
    2. Click on Custom Level
    3. In the security settings, click to Disable the Allow Paste Operations via Script. That will keep your clipboard contents private.

Here is a website that will check your clipboard to see if it can be read - and it also provides the Internet Explorer security settings above.

http://www.friendlycanadian.com/appl.../clipboard.htm

Thread Information