Thread: Ad - Aware

tactful_player Guest

Default Ad - Aware

While ZAP does have a great firewall and anti spyware removerI can and do still run the Ad-Aware program that does pick up sneaky adwarethat can and does hide spyware appsI found out the hard way and would suggest to anyone that caresthey get and download the program as it is still free at download.comNote: anyone trying to do this may have to turn off or lower their privacy settingsI installed this program before ZAP so it was allowed into the trusted zonealong with others I have besides it is for our own good and does workalso have AVG 7.1 Pro anti virus that ZA Labs has yet to recognize but they say they'reworking on it

TP

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:

Message Edited by tactful_player on 02-24-200601:41 AM

Message Edited by tactful_player on 02-25-200608:16 PM

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: Ad - Aware

We always advise people to get a few antispyware apps to scan their computer as no single antispyware app(even the best one) can detect 100% of the spyware out there. I recommend these free spyware apps in addition to ZA's antispyware which together should cover most, if not all, spyware:
    Windows Defender (Beta 2)
    Ad-aware
    Spybot: Search & Destroy
    Ewido
    Spyware Blaster(doesn't actually scan for spyware but prevents them from getting installed on your machine)

tactful_player Guest

Default Re: Ad - Aware

I agree no one app does it all but comes darn close although when I had spybot S+D

it hung up after a certain length of the scan so it was removed to free up space and up resources on the machine

Message Edited by tactful_player on 02-25-200608:19 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

Thread Information