Thread: true vector

kippaxkid Guest

Default true vector

anybody have any idea why true vector keeps shutting down?
    It gives me an error message telling me that an error has occured. and then Zone Alarm just shuts down.
    the main problem is that it keeps the line open leaving me open to attack.
    I've done a trojan check using a squared and it finds nothing and ad aware comes up blank also.
    its a licenced version of zone alarm pro and I,m running version 6.1.737 if this helps.

thanks in advance

chris

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

chaser Guest

Default Re: true vector

Hey.. that same problem has occurred on my XP Pro SP2 system a few times. One happened today, although it's rare. What is the problem??

Any ideas anyone?

I was not at my computer either of the times that this happened, but when I get to the computer, there is a message on my screen that reads "The True Vector monitor has shutdown." The message I don't remember verbatim, but it's to that effect.

Running XP Pro SP2
    ZA SS latest everything

billc Guest

If True Vector shuts down infrequently (every couple months) then you need not worry in my view. But if it shuts down say a couple times a week, I'd suggest you do a clean uninstall of your firewall and replace it with a fresh copy. Do a 'clean' uninstall this way. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now install a fresh firewall.

chaser Guest

I see.

Thank you for the information!

Look in the windows admin event viewer and see if there is an explanation about why.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information