Thread: Are there any conflicts between Zone Lab Pro and Microsoft Defender Beta 2 programs?

melody Guest

Default Are there any conflicts between Zone Lab Pro and Microsoft Defender Beta 2 programs?

Having recently installed Zone Lab Pro which appears to be working OK, I am now having a problem when I scan using Microsoft's Defender Beta 2 program.
    When I run the Beta 2 program to scan for spyware, the end results show that I have a number of serious spyware on my PC including severals trojans which is causing me problems.
    The problem is when I try to take action by deleting the spywarerevealed by the Beta 2 program
    I am unable to do so.
    In fact I am unable to delete the spyware
    when it indicates I should.

The question is would
    this have something to
    do with other security programs running at the time , like for example Zone Lab blocking this action?

Has anyone else had similar problems using Microsoft's Beta 2 and if so, how
    do I resolve this?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: Are there any conflicts between Zone Lab Pro and Microsoft Defender Beta 2 programs?

Hi melody. The key word is Beta.Although there may be a genuine case of spyware on your pc, it maybe there is none. I tried the Beta and uninstalled it in the very same hour. Three incorrect indications of spyware and cpu spikes of 37% when pc is idling at 0%. not a good thing. Also Beta did find other software on the pc and indicated it was unknown. This included other security apps and certain parts of Windows itself (LOL). There should be no conflict between the ZA Pro with any security programs installed on your pc. Zone Alarm AntiSpy is very well behaved. However many people do use the MS Beta. If you are not happy with it, go to ewido.com for the free or paid version(updates are free,even after the 14 day trial). There is a lot of excellent protection available and yes you can use two or more antispy apps with no problems at all. One of the good sites is spywarewarrior.com for a very recommendations and solid guidelines. Rogue security listing and approved antispy and security products are shown, with a break down on the effectiness and performance of each tested and approved protector. It is a very good read as well as being informative for the consumers.. Take care Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

melody Guest

Default Re: Are there any conflicts between Zone Lab Pro and Microsoft Defender Beta 2 programs?

Hi:

Thanks for all
    the info.

I eventually downloaded Spybot with great achievement which
    went on to find
    68 spyware traces and deleted all but one of them.
    When I scanned later
    using the Beta 2 Defender, is reduced the spyware that it had previously
    shown
    to about 5 traces but,
    now the M/S Beta 2 program has jammed itself and refuses to stop scanning!!

As

I had already reinstalled M/S Beta 2 to overcome the problem,
    I now think I will give Microsoft
    a miss!

Hi melody. Spybot S&D is good- extra help can be found at the forum at castlecops.com ( Spybot section of forum) or the home site of SpyBot. Still good to add Ewido (ewido.com) or Asquared (emsisoft.com) for additional anti-malware protection. Both will run and update for free. I have both of them on this machine and scan just once a week this them. The last "one" of the spy traces should be removed for safety sakes. I am waiting to about one year after the final rrelease of Destroyer before I will install it again. Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

watchdog Guest

I suddenly discovered that my anti-virus program from Zonealarm was no longer present. I took a guess and removed the Microsoft Defender program which had just recently upgraded from the beta antispyware program and after a reboot the anti-virus program was back and functioning.Stay away from Defender.

melody Guest

Hi, I may have had some problems earlier with this software combination, but now everything is running honky dorrey with both the Zone Lab Pro and M/S beta 2 Defender. programs.

Thread Information