During bootup on my computer, ZoneAlarm (free) loads after a DSL connection is established to the Internet. This permits Internet traffic with no ZoneAlarm filewall protection until ZoneAlarm finally loads. Example: Today AVG antivirus downloaded updates and installed them before ZoneAlarm loaded. I have ZoneAlarm set to require confirmation before AVG is permitted to look for and download updates. When ZoneAlarm is finally loaded the "ask for confirmation" works before AVG is permitted to access the Internet.

How can I get ZoneAlarm to load BEFORE my DSL connection permits traffic with the Internet? I know I can turn off my DSL modem until after ZoenAlarm loads, but who wants to do that?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both ZoneAlarm version 6.1.737 and 6.0.667 several times to try to solve the problem. Most of the time with version 6.1.737 installed ZoneAlarm does not appear to load (no icon in the tooltray or other visible indication that ZoneAlarm is running). I am currently running version 6.0.667.

Thanks for any help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
Software Version:6.1