Thread: getting attacked????

rd_tech Guest

Default getting attacked????

hello all, new to the forum and new to zone alarm also
    just had some major problems, just upgraded to adelphia highspeed, immediatly after i had some connection problems with some programs, and then programs just stopped working, i figured i had picked up a virus, i was more than right, over 400 on my computer as well as over 500 on the second computer on the network, after further problems, a reformat and reinstall
    i have finally installed different virus programs and came to zone alarm because it is from what i can tell one of the only programs that fully supports ICS.. i have gotten all my configuration set up, at least i hope..
    my question is, i have had zone alarm pro installed for just under a day (trial version for now) and i have gotten over 35,000 access attempts, is this normal, is it possible i have a dirty IP address? i have used cable and DSL in the past, but never monitored firewalls, or access attempt activity.. am curious as to what activity others are seeing...

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: getting attacked????

Its pretty normaly to get very high numbers of intrusions especially on a broadband connection. Pretty much most of them will be "Internet Noise" which consists of "Internet heartbeats" from your ISP and Worms circulating around the internet.

Thread Information