Thread: PC Flank Leak test?

ejr Guest

Default PC Flank Leak test?

Does ZA free pass the
    PC Flank leak
    test?
    The test is new.
    I just failed it.
    Never had a problem previously with any of their other tests.
    Anyone else try it? Link to test below.

http://www.pcflank.com/scanner1.htm?from=menu

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.1

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: PC Flank Leak test?

The PCFlank Leak tests is one of the newer leak tests that attempts to open up a legitimate program to make a connection to the internet and cannot be monitored by traditional outward bound program found in ZA (Free).

However a feature present in paid version of ZA(from version 6 onwards) contain a feature call OSFirewall. This feature monitors the hidden processes that goes on in your computer, alerts you to suspicious or dangerous behavior and hence will be able to prevent such leak tests from opening legitimate programs to make connections to the internet. I just tried the test with my ZA Pro and OSFirewall kicked right in when I tried to open IE. Therefore paid versions of ZA will pass the test.

Message Edited by unhappy_viewer on 05-16-200602:18 AM

taust Guest

i also have failed the PC Flank Leak Test (also have never failed the PC Flank Tests before). I have the paid versionZone Alarm Security Suite
    with OS Firewall. The message also gets through the MyVault protection. So I am wondering what have I done wrong. Anybody got any ideas?

dcm Guest

I just took the test, and something funny happened. ZA asked me if I would allow the leak test to use IE to access the net, and I said no, yet it still said I "failed" the test. I went to my results page, and it said that if the string of numbers, symbols, etc. that you typed into the leak test is shown on your results then you didn't pass, but my sting of numbers was no where to be found on the page. Seems like this test is leaky itself; doesn't seem to work right and giving people bad results.

Thread Information