Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bug with ZA locking hosts file

enoskype Guest

Default Re: Bug with ZA locking hosts file

esman,

I forgot to thank you for bringing the issue for a solution to this forum.

I think, this red hot topic helped alot for the attention of ZA.

Thanks again.

enoskype

esman Guest

Glad this issue has been resolved. Thank you to all who contributed, and thank you to the Zone Labs team and forum support.

bill_bright Guest

Two months later and they still have not fixed, nor apparently even officially acknowledged this hosts file bug. That is sad. I am loosing confidence in one of my favorite programs. Come renewal time, if ZL has not addressed this problem, then I will start researching alternatives. My loyalties lie with my PC and the data on it - not with any program whose maker sits on it laurels.

ai_tak Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>bill_bright wrote:
    Two months later and they still have not fixed, nor apparently even officially acknowledged this hosts file bug. That is sad. I am loosing confidence in one of my favorite programs. Come renewal time, if ZL has not addressed this problem, then I will start researching alternatives. My loyalties lie with my PC and the data on it - not with any program whose maker sits on it laurels.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The problem with ZA free locking the hosts file was fixed on July 20th 2006 when version 6.5.731.000was released (there has since been another update with unrelated fixes 6.5.737.000). What version are you running?

uburoy Guest

I'm a registered and paying user. Actually I use the newest ZA Version. But the locked hosts file problem still exist again? Two years later???
    Today I will check the workaround. I'm using XP Pro SP3, SS&amp;D, AdAware, Kaspersky.
    Hosts File was locked via SS&amp;D, Kaspersky and Zonealarm. Also the security richts policy and read-only attribute was set.

I removed all locks but HOSTS File is already read-only!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information