Thread: "Routed" direction on every alert

jango Guest

Default "Routed" direction on every alert

Ever since I woke up this morning, I haven't been able to connect to the internet. My modem says it's working fine, but all websites time out. So I looked at my ZA log, and it's showing that I'm getting medium rated UDP block reports every 2-10 seconds, and almost always from the same address. Every source ip is my address with a different port number one greater than the last, and sometimes my address is in the destination ip instead. But for every one of the entries, it lists the direction as "Routed." I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to make this happen, so I'm totally lost. I can disconnect the modem, but as soon as I reconnect it the alerts start right back up. Any ideas?

Operating System:Windows ME
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

tony_a Guest

Default Re: "Routed" direction on every alert

Hello Jango,

Sounds to me like someone is hacking away at your system. ZA is doing its job blocking the attempts. You don't say so specifically, but the blocks are for incoming connection attempts aren't they?

Disconnect from the internet and throughly scan your system for virus etc. Make sure no applications are running on your system. If you have the software, start up something such as Essential Net Tools to see what communications are actually taking place on your system. Re-connect to the internet and check what processes are running and what they are doing.

If the problem is definately coming from outside, use SmartWhois or some other program to identify who owns the source IP, if that's possible, and report the abuse. Also contact your ISP and report the problem.

Tony_A

Thread Information