Several months ago Ihad the exact same symptoms with my system as with this thread.http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...ssage.id=15329

I'm also running Z/A Pro 6.1.744.001 on a Win XP (SP2 plus all updates) machine.

Back then, booting up took longer...after bootup, it didn't matter what program I started (windows explorer, or note pad)would take several seconds before the program starts. My log showed a medium alert blocking an outgoing TCP packet to a1085.g.akamai. I managed to fix the problem back then by changing a setting, but I can't remember what I did.

Today I had to reinstall ZoneAlarm (kept getting BSOD with the latest version) and I lost all the previous settings. Now the exact same thing is happening again.Unfortunately I can't remember whati did to fix the problem. It's possible that I allowed the Generic Host Process internet server rights, but I can't remember for sure. Is this setting advised?

I added the destination IP to my trusted zone, but that didn't work....Is this setting advised?

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Regards.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:6.1