Thread: Missing tray icon

morganjade Guest

Default Missing tray icon

Hi, I've been having a problem recently with my ZA tray icon disappearing. Is ZA really shut down completely or is it just running beneath everything? I don't really get any warnings about this and it seems to happen particularly when my kids play games and visit their favorite sites. It generally restarts when I double click on the desktop icon or reboot the computer. It's getting really annoying and worrisom. Is there some kind of setting that I'm not aware of (I do have my password set in ZA) and this happen regardless. Help!!!!

I have Win XP Home
    McAfee Virus Scan and Privacy Service
    Adaware
    Spyware Blaster

Thanks for any help!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

st_john_clark Guest

Default Re: Missing tray icon

Hello I do believe that your ZoneLabs software switches to "Game Mode" while your children are playing their computer games, which does in fact lower security on your system so I would advice that you disconnect from the internet while they areplaying. The other possible issue is that there is some kind of security breach, possibly from spyware or a virus. What I would do is click onto your ZA software and click onto the AV/AS tab followed by the "advance settings" option at the bottom rightof the window. You will see both AV/AS software configuration settings. Click onto "detection" on your AS software and click the option "deep-inspection scan". Do not click the option "byte scan" on your AV software because I don't believe you will need this option. Start both AV/AS scan and see if this picks up anything. There also could be a registry error of some kind so I recommend this site only if you don't get the right results www.pctools.co.uk or www.pctools.com to purchase PCTOOLS REGISTRY MECHANIC. This is registry fixing software, which should solveany registry problems on your system.Hope all this helps

Thread Information