Thread: HELP PLEASE!

email Guest

Default HELP PLEASE!

I updated the free zone alrm today but on the update page on the website there was a upgrade to pro for 15 day so I updgradedin windows security center it says the firewall is turned off but it's not and windows security center was working fine when I had the free zone alarm I am running windows xp serive pack 2

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

email Guest

Default Re: HELP PLEASE!

I have removed zone alarm pro as it was slowing down my connection to the net by add/remove programmes and downloaded the zone alarm free version now for same reason window security center is now saying zone alarm is installed but it's status is unknown and even worse I can't access my webmail for some reason as it cannot connect to the mail server have I just jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire!

tabletpc_user Guest

Hello email,

I would recommend checking the security settings on ZoneAlarm because they may be set too high for you to check your email.

I hope that helps

Never uninstall the Zonealarm program by using the Windows add/remove program function. You need to use the uninstaller program that comes with the firewall.It can be found in the Zoealarm programs group on the start menu.You should clear your computer of all Zonealarm files and then install the free version to get back to where you were before the update went wrong. If you deside to try the pro version again uninstall the free version first.http://nh2.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...tallNonNT.htmlDo the file deletions in safe mode and set your folder options to allow you to see hidden and system files. Any steps that can't be done should be skipped and the next step attempted.

Message Edited by ledoc on 07-26-2006 04:15 PM

Thread Information