Thread: The programs's rules disappear.

user_x Guest

Default The programs's rules disappear.

<P align=left>Hi.<P align=left><P align=left>Some days ago than I see than the program's rules created to my applications erase automatically B-) .<P align=left>First I thought that it was an error in my operating system or of some corrupted file of the firewall, as soon as I made a complete uninstall of ZoneAlarmPro 6.5.725.000, with deep manual archival cleaning and system registers. I reinstalled ZoneAlarmPro 6.5.725.000and the problem continues .<P align=left>I go back to create program's rules again, and after of one restart disappearall the rules ofall my programsX-( , as if I never would have it made.<P align=left>I never had this type of problems in previous versions.<P align=left>What happens? B-)<P align=left>

Greetings.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: The programs's rules disappear.

Try cleaning out your Zone Alarm database; it sounds like it has gotten corrupt. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

user_x Guest

I have spring-cleaned ZAPro, even of the form than you suggested me ... but the problem keeps on. The program's rules erase when I restart my PC. It is like to for the VSMON not to keep rules when it is closed.

muffincharizard Guest

Does this only happen when you restart, or does it happen when you turn off and turn on ZoneAlarm without restarting as well?

user_x Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>MuffinCharizard wrote:
    Does this only happen when you restart, or does it happen when you turn off and turn on ZoneAlarm without restarting as well?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>In both situations.
    I see than it happens every time that the VSMON to close ZApro with rights of administration of the system closes or simply when restarting the PC. Apparently ZApro does not manage to remember the rules in the I restart of the firewall.However, the rules of programs are preserved if and when VSMON of RAM not close. Even they preserve rules if ZApro is closed from account limited of the system, since VSMON does not close in this type of accounts of the system to close down the firewall.
    Honestly, not himself what happens.

jarvis Guest

I concur.

I replicated this fault very easily with two different programs. I had a hunch that maybe programs configured by SmartDefense would have the settings wiped but not those that were manually configured. But I was wrong, it affects programs SmartDefense does not know about.

I'm going to Email Technical Support about this, you should too.

user_x Guest

I generally DO NOT ACTIVATE the option SmartDefense, because I like to watch always what happens in the firewall, for bigger certainty. I always had this option disabled, therefore myself I create the rulers recommended by the original sofware. But I never had problems in previous versions.
    First I thought that a failure in my operating system was, but after a reinstall of the same, ZApro preserves the failure.
    Definitively it's a bug of this v6.5.725.000: The ZApro's TrueVector does not preserve personal rules of program right after a reopening of the firewall.

user_x Guest

Zone Labs have launched the new v6.5.737.000 of ZApro, and BUG has not been fixed. Why?

jarvis Guest

Probably didn't get it in time for the release or didn't get enough complaints about it compared with other issues. Reply to the email you got from your first report saying it still occurs in the new version. I'll do the same once I test it again.

Thread Information