Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Win32.YOK.SuperSearch - found by ZA pro - no other major security firm lists it as an item - que??

tonysara Guest

Default Win32.YOK.SuperSearch - found by ZA pro - no other major security firm lists it as an item - que??

Zonealarm pro v 6.5.722.000 has just found an alleged trojan, named as above. i cannot corroborate the trojan as being in existence in any of CA, symantec, macafee or trend-micro threat databases. what is happening? registry key "found" is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\Component Categories\{00021494-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}screen shot unable to be attached

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: Win32.YOK.SuperSearch

Have a look at this thread where the peson also got the same problem:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=13104

kkken Guest

Default Win32.YOK.SuperSearch - found by ZA pro - no other major security firm lists it as an item - que??

<DIV align=left><P align=left>UV, thanks for completing the circuit with the x-ref.<P align=left>Tonysara, I got the same registry key reported that you did.<P align=left><P align=left>&gt;screen shot unable to be attached<P align=left>Allow me: <P align=left>http://.....[ Click ]

Message Edited by Kkken on 08-05-2006 07:42 AM

Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

jenaguru Guest

Default Re: Win32.YOK.SuperSearch

I also detected this trojan courtsey ZA PRO yesterday. ZA successfully treated.

jenaguru.

yarok Guest

Default Re: Win32.YOK.SuperSearch - found by ZA pro

Hi,

Looks to me like a false positive.

Ewido is a dedicated anti-Trojan. It found nothing (I did deep registry scan and then scan of all files on the computer).

Lavasoft Adaware - dedicated antispyware application - found nothing. It deep scans the registry.

NAV found nothing.

All three with latest definitions.

00021494 .... 046 indicates an Internet Explorer add-on toolbar. Such toolbars are frequently used by adware - but very rarely by Trojans. The Win32.YOK, Supersearch is supposed to be a Trojan.

I have an Opera with in-built Google search (and Amazon search). I just updated to Opera 9.01, so maybe that's the source of the FP. Don't know. Would love to have an answer.

Yarok.

mochit Guest

My ZA pro, version 6.5.722,just quarantined this little critter today. I had never heard of it prior to today. Is it real and if so, what are its dangers?

tonysara Guest

i suspect that it is a false positive, and have logged a report to taht effect. as someone else has posted, it is a browser add on. there is no findable software taht goes with it

captspock Guest

Yarok: Appreciate your research. My ZA Pro 6.1.744.001 id'd it today and I deleted. Based on timing it may have either entered via an accessed webpage or file d/l: both sent via single email from one sender. Wondering if anyone has taken a look at it to see what (if anything) it really does?CSXPSP2

yarok Guest

Default Where is Tech Support?

Hi,

New antispyware definitions file 310 was released today and the FP remains.

I call it FP (False Positive) because ONLY a registry entry is identified by ZA.

None - NOT ONE - of the files associated with YOK. Supersearch is found on my computer.

YOK. Supersearch installs MANY files on the infected computer + a toolbar. These are nowhere to be found on my computer. ZA only identifies a registry entry.

Additionally, no other dedicated anti-Trojan and anti-spyware applications find this threat - only ZA! Ewido, Adaware, Spysweeper - all excellent products that tell me my computer is 100&#37; clean. Only ZA comes up with this registry entry.

It is a pity that ZA Tech Support do not respond to us in times of distress.

Y.

tonysara Guest

Default Re: Where is Tech Support?

tech support has responded by email to me, and suggetsed a deep scan, which is in progress as i type.yaroks views, prior to the scan finishing (!!), seem sound to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information