Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Win32.YOK.SuperSearch - found by ZA pro - no other major security firm lists it as an item - que??

yarok Guest

Default Re: Where is Tech Support?

Thanks for the vote of trust.. (smiling at Tonysara)

I ALWAYS deep scan. My setting is "deep-inspection scan".

I deep scanned immediately after the release of definitions file 310.

Btw, another reason to believe that this is an FP is the variety of machines, OS, and browsers on which this "threat" was detected.

I don't know what else to do to make Tech Support see the light ... (sad)

Y.

tonysara Guest

my email to tech support (& teh results of the deep scan):thank youwhat the deep scan found was <File: C:\Program Files\RivaTuner\Uninstall.exe>, and it advised me to delete/quarantine itit did not find supersearcher - I am still very unclear exactly what is teh supersearcher when no other product even lists it...!!! - please advisehow odd - advising me to quarantine teh **removal** tool for the riva tuner software, so i could not ever remove it properly!!as u may be aware, riva tiuner provides, inter alia, a tweaking tool for nvidia video cardsthis entry has *never* been found before by any other product (ZA, adaware, nortons, spybot S&D, hijack this, demo trendmicro, ms defender)BTW, MS defender also did not find teh supersearcher ever - i forgot to mention that previouslyplease also advise exactly how to unquarantine things in ZA prothe mystery deepens - a falsepositive seems more & more likely - what is going on here? is this a false positive by design??Tony

captspock Guest

Tony, Yarok: thank you for your replies. I am checking around also with other sites, contacts. If I find anything, I will post it here.CS

tonysara Guest

google found this: http://info.ahnlab.com/securityinfo/...sp?SEQ_NO=4821tech support at ZA pointed me to: http://research.sunbelt-software.com...threatid=44407
    not mainstream threat databases?i found none of teh software mentiuoned, so am comfortable to remove teh one registry key

forum_moderator Guest

Default Re: Win32.YOK.SuperSearch - found by ZA pro - no other major security firm lists it as an item - que??

The anti-spyware team just notified me that this IS a False Positive and is already in the update scheduled for release Friday. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.Marcus

yarok Guest

Default Too late and too little - I am in deep trouble now!

Marcus,

Too late and too little.

I sure hop you can help me now.

THE PROBLEM

Yesterday, following an antispyware manual scan, ZAP quarantined the registry entry.

I then restored the quarantined registry entry.

ZAP informed me that "restore was successful".

Following the restore, the item indeed disappeared from the quarantine tab.

This morning I did regedit and discovered that the registry entry that was quarantined by ZAP antispyware was NOT restored. It is not in the registry.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION?

In the registry I found this registry key:

...SOFTWARE/ZoneLabs/SreRemoval/Registries/(a key with a long string of letters as its value - I will call it KEY1)

KEY1 had a long string of letters as its value. The data of KEY1 is the missing item that was not restored.

Can I use KEY1 to restore the missing item?

HELP NEEDED

Any ideas what to do? How can I restore this missing item to the registry? Now I cannot find it in the quarantine tab OR in the registry!

ZAP antispyware told me that it restored the quarantined item - but evidently it did not. How is this possible at all? Playing like that with the registry is a dangerous game!

Does ZAP antispyware have a quarantine folder somewhere? I cannot find it.

I don't know what to do!

Thank you everyone for being there and for helping out.

Y.

vanr Guest

Default Re: Win32.YOK- found by ZA security suite

I have two machines that have the following adware/spyware/virus programs loadedMachine 1 and Machine 2--Spyware Blaster, Spyware Search/Destroy, Spyware Doctor, ZA Security Suite, Windows Defender, Spyware Guard, Pest PatrolMy ZA on both machines detected WIN32.Yok without the super searchat the following registery RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{A2B7A0F0-B697-4A71-8D91-43443F57D7BB}I have run everything I have, and nothing else finds a problem...I have searched both the ZA site and Google for an answer--is this something I need to ignore as a FP or is it a problemThanks for the great siteVan

tonysara Guest

it is a false positive - pls see the entry from teh moderator

vanr Guest

Thank-you...new to the forumV/R Van

forum_moderator Guest

Just FYI, you may want to check out the new Malware Discussion Board for future use. Best regards,Marcus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information