Thread: PSTORES.EXE???

notanumber Guest

Default PSTORES.EXE???

I had a trojan horse on my system that ZAPro failed to detect. I tracked down with a combination of virus scanners and sysinternal.com's ProcessExplorer.The trojan dll was calling PSTORES.EXE which isaMicrosoft executable to manage protected (private) data. Through this ID theives have been able to get one or more of my CC numbers and personal information.I've cleaned the trojan DLL off my system and have taken ID Theft fraud prevention steps.However I noticed in Process Explorer that sometimes VSMON.EXE (ZoneAlarm VectorServices) often calls PSTORES.EXE as a child process. Is this valid for VSMON.EXE to call PSTORES or is my system still compromised? When I check Internet connections with NETSTAT or nirsoft.net's CurrPorts I find no unexpected connections and killing PSTORES.EXE with ProcessExplorer seems to have no effect on anything.Is this valid for VSMON.EXE to call PSTORES or is my system still compromised?

Operating System:Windows 98-SE (Second Edition)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: PSTORES.EXE???

http://www.liutilities.com/products/...brary/pstores/It's definitely a Microsoft EXE. Used by Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer.

Thread Information