Thread: anti virus doesnt turn on

agent_m Guest

Default anti virus doesnt turn on

when ever i turn my pc on it asks me if i want to turn it on and i click yess, then in the antivirus section its off. then when ever i click on it just goes back to off.

i tryed deleting the rdb files but that didnt help. i dont think its been running since i reinstalled it alil over a week ago but i didnt notice.
    anyone have any idea on how i can fix this? i havent tryed anything like a full uninstall and reinstall yet but any advice would be great.

thanks in advance

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: anti virus doesnt turn on

Before installing ZA, did you previously uninstall another security suite/programs?

agent_m Guest

i had **bleep** firewall on my pc, forgot to uninstall till after installing zonealarm, i'll try a reinstall tomorow as its quite late.
    i guess that will be the most likley culprit, i didnt think of it though as its only a firewall and no antivirus with it

agent_m Guest

ok that bleep is ment tp be out post firewall :P

agent_m Guest

well a reinstall didnt fix it

I appreciate your patience as we will try to get this matter resolved for you. If you have any anti-spyware programs installed I would recommend running a complete scan or you can run an online scan at www.ewido.net to make sure there is no malware present on your system.Next step is to download a fresh copy of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite to your desktop using Internet Explorer without using any download accelerators. Disconnect from the internet andthen I am going to give you a detailed link that GURU SlyFox has posted regarding a thorough clean uninstall to help remove all ZA components as we are going to reinstall that fresh copy you downloaded a bit later. Please click on this and follow the exact instructions http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=48347.After you are done with that run a disk cleanup anda disk defragment and prepare to reinstall that freshly downloaded copyof ZoneAlarm. Good luck and please post back on your results.

Message Edited by NNard on 08-22-2006 09:57 PM

Thread Information